Sunday, November 30, 2014

11/24

Hna Mandy

Hola Familia!
Ok small stuff first, big stuff last. First off I killed my first cockroach and it was disgusting but I survived. I had my first temblor, like a month ago but forgot to write about it, and there were a bunch this week. They're cool, not as dramatic as I was expecting, just like a train passing by or something. Oh yeah temblor is earthquake. Next my companion is an absolute genius because usually we come home from a busy day and eat cereal or something because we're hungry but are too tired to make anything but Hna. Hughes introduced me to sliced tomato and cucumber with lemon pepper and I swear it is imported from heaven!! We eat it like every night now. The other day we saw the cutest thing, two little boys dressed up like Spiderman and Hulk playing soccer. Spiderman was winning. It made me think of Dawson. We went to Centro last week and shopped around this cool little street market that you wouldn't find anywhere in Utah and I found some cool stuff too for all of you!! So in the CCM there was this elder who always joked about how we were going to go eat chili in chilly Chile and last night we did! A member made us chili dogs because he wanted to cook something gringo for us and it was surprisingly really good. We had an amazing lesson with our fecha Nancy where we watched the Joseph Smith movie with her because she's not sure if she believes in JS but afterwards she said she believes it's true! It was a really cool really spiritual lesson and I was so excited that I fell again walking home afterwards. It was funny though because I fell onto my knees so it looked like I was saying a spontaneous prayer and I said Amen and stood up but my compa didn't buy it. Also we were teaching an investigator and talking about Christmas and I started to say the greatest gift of Christmas.. and I was going to say talking to our family but she jumped in and was like The birth of Jesus Christ right! and I was like yeah.... that too. My compa nearly died of laughter. It's so cool to see all of the mini blessings that we have during our days even if it's something as small as pretty clouds in the sky, seriously yesterday the clouds looked so heavenly we were wondering if the Second Coming was happening in that moment. We had stake conference and interviews this week, my first, and it was good to talk to our Pres. and have him answer some of the things that have been weighing on my mind. I've only been here for like 11 weeks but he says I'm a different person than when I arrived. I wasn't expecting that but it was really good to here, like I'm actually making progress etc. We also now have a fecha with this adorable girl Mayra whose parents didn't want her to get baptized so has just been waiting to turn 18 and now she's getting baptized cuz her birthday was last week!
Ok now for the big thing. My companion Hna. Hughes went home before for problems with her heart, was in her home for nine months and against all odds came back four months ago to the mission even though her doctor and everyone said she couldn't. She had a special mission and a purpose to accomplish here and it looks like she accomplished it because now she's going back to the states again for her heart. She started having problems with her heart again and it's been getting worse and worse and so now she's going home. She leaves today to go to the Temple in Santiago but isn't going to return so I'm going to be in a trio with the other Hermanas in my house. I'm not going to lie it's going to be really hard, it's already been really hard. I only had six weeks to get to know her but like Hna. Hobbs it was enough for me to come to love her and now it doesn't seem fair that our time to work together is cut short because of something outside of her control. We're not sure if she's going to get reassigned to a mission in the states or go home but either way she's leaving. She doesn't think so but I know she's made a huge impact here and she has accomplished so much. We had the elders give her a blessing and it was so cool because the elder who gave it is kind of new and awkward but the blessing he gave was really powerful and he said that the Lord is pleased with what she has done here in Chile and in Talca so that makes the situation a little better. It's difficult but this week I learned to say Para que instead of Por Qué. For what instead of Why. every trial has a purpose and I'm going to look for the para que in this trial instead of dwell on why it is happening. Voy a ver muchos milagros en el futuro. This is another bump in the adventure but I'm going to learn and grow and by the end I'll be able to look back and see why things had to happen a certain way and how it helped me achieve what I needed to achieve. I love you all so much and I'm praying for you all!! Love you!!
Hermana Boully
 
Inline image 2
The hill we climbed is called Hill of the Virgen because there's a huge statue of the Virgin Mary and a church at the top    
 
Inline image 1
My Comp and I where we played soccer.
Hna Nicia

Hola!!
How fast some the weeks go by I cant believe that I have been in this area for almost a month! This week has been pretty busy we had divisions a meetting with all the hermanas in zone its been lots of fun but lots of buses some days Im happy i dont have to deal with car problems but other days I really miss cars when we have to get on the packed busses me and my comp decided we want a tuc tuc its a little motor car thing somedays we are really tempted to steal one! 
I dont know why but in this area the bugs love my blood the other pday we went on a hike has a district to look at a rock it was kinda cool but also really like really elders! but it was cool we were all taking pictures on this rock next to a river but didnt know that there was a aunt hill were we it was crazy we were all jumping around because they bite!! we where like ya ya one more fotos but noooo more ants!
 I know in the mission there is the ups and downs and even when we plan things out things dont work out but I also know that Heavenly Father is there helping us this Saturday we had planned a activity with the ward to hand out book of mormons and contact, and also planned to do divisions because saturdays we like to remind our Recent converts to come to church but we also have to teach investigatdors and find new ones! We were able to teach lessons in the morning but when we went to the activity only our ward mission leader showed up to the activity we were pretty bummed and also the members that were going to go out with us canceled last minute we where like really? But we made the best of it and our day and went out looking for the rc and our investadors it was a little of a mircal were where able to visit alot of our RC and teach there families so we have new invest. and also able to place a fecha it was really cool the day started out good and we had high hopes but then down it went but up it went again! I know that Heavenly Father is with us helping us its soooooo important to pray on our knees for help every day in 2 nefi chap 32 the last verse talks about dont do anything without praying and if we do he will bless us and help us! I know there are days where things dont work out and we dont have sucess but I also know our heavenly father knows best!
I love you all the CHURCH IS TRUE!
Hna Boully
 
 
District pday!! to see a rock and get bitten by ants!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment