Friday, November 21, 2014

10/27

Hna Mandy

Hola familia!!!
Sometimes it feels like so much happens here that I forget to write about it and it's as if fate is seriously trying to test my devotion to my Life is an Adventure phrase!! First off the other week when I went on divisions I forgot to mention something, remember how I said there aren't any poisonous snakes in Chile, well apparently that doesn't mean that there aren't snakes in general. We were walking out of our apartment and saw what we thought was a stick, it wasn't, turns out it was a snake that was about three feet long! We were freaking out then all of a sudden this old chilean woman comes walking out of her apartment with a shovel and a murderous look in her eye and all of a sudden we weren't so concerned with the snake anymore. She hit it and it was slithering away and was even ran over by a car but still lived!! It was so cool. So I have a new companion and her names Hermana Hughes from Arizona and she's crazy! She has this really big really loud personality and has kind of a take charge attitude which is great sometimes and other times not so much. For example I'm directing our sector right now which is a little tough but for the most part I know what I'm doing and where I'm going but even though my comp doesn't know the sector sometimes she'll just start walking in one direction or crossing the street or something and I have to be like no hermana it's this way it's so funny. Also if she's not happy she'll let you know, it wont affect her work and hasn't affected our companionship but I felt bad because this week a pipe burst or something like that happened in our building and we're on the third floor so we were fine from that but for three days we didn't have any running water and they were the first three days she was here. It was a definite adventure though because we ended up filling up buckets of water from the emergency fire fighter hose outside and showering with that but we had to ask members or other people for drinkable water. It was a blessing in disguise though because we got like three new contacts through asking for water. I'm not going to lie this week has been a bit rough, directing my sector, facing opposition etc. but the good thing is that I'm surrounded by people willing to help me, my companion, wonderful members, and unseen angels. This has been a long week but a growing week just the same and I'm starting to see the real effects of that growth, in my testimony, in my spanish, christlike attributes and such. It really is amazing. Oh I forgot today for Pday we had an activity. We as missionaries spend pretty much all of our time walking. Every day we walk for long periods of time so care to guess what we did today on our one free day? We walked!! We actually went on a hike up this huge hill just behind our house but it was pretty funny because we had to take a collectivo into the centro of town to meet up with our zone and then walk back out of town and then past campos to finally  get to the hill, then we climbed up the hill. It was totally worth it though because I felt like I was right back in Utah hiking and the view at the top was gorgeous!! We didn't mess around either we went all the way to the top. It was super bacan!!! Well that's about it for this week! We're teaching a couple of gringos which is weird because we have to teach them in English but it's given me an even larger perspective on just how true this church is! Love you all so much! Church is true the book is blue and Moroni is always on the ball!!
Hermana Boully
 
Hna Nicia
 
Hola!
So always there are ups and downs in everything and me and comp decided nothing is for sure in the mission for example in this area most the hnas stay for about 6 mouths and I was hoping for the same but Ill be going to a new area tomorrow and getting a new companion! Im sad to leave my frist area because its my frist but also because me and my companion have been working hard this last month and we are just seeing the sucses this next month we have 3 fechas lined up and a couple other investgators who are very promising. Im also sad to leave my comp this time has gone by so fast we wanted one more month together but our Papi Celestial has other plans! Its also exciting to be going to see and know other areas and to learn from my new companion its part of the mission!
Its been a good week Im always amazed at some of the super piles members in this ward there are a few that will do anything to help us missionaries which we need and the investagators need its soo important to have friends to help out we have this one little girl she 12 the first time she went to church everyone wellcomed the whole yw loves her and she is so excited for the girls camp coming up its really cool to see her being so excited to go to church and i know this will help her in her life. The other day we gave her, her own BOM she was so excited and the yw wrote thier testiomonies in it. 
Another milagro this week we recieved a reveirce from this member who teacher seminary she has been teaching the boys of a family in the ward and two of the friends have been listening in. These boys where ready to recieve us the second time we taught them they had both recived answers about the church and about our message it was really cool when we asked them about it they talked about feeling peace i know that people are prepared for us out there just gotta find them!

I love you all stay true its the little things that make the differences every day reading and praying being prepared when others question what you believe I know this church is true!
Hna Boully!
 

  
For our Month mark we got dominos we also got jersies for our district!  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment