Friday, November 21, 2014

11/17

Hna Nicia

Hola Family!
Its been fun hearing about mandys milagros Its been fun seeing some of my own here in Gautemala. I love seeing the gosspel change people and see them be so happy to learn more we are working with this one mom and little girl that we meet on the first day we were here its soo cool seeing her change and talk about how great she feels she is always talking about the little mircals in her life they may be little but little by little. This lady and her family live a good 20 mins in bus from the church there are alot of members in this one area we are trying to get the bishop to help us get a bus becuase sometime these members have to walk because the buses are full or cant pay for them. We have been working alot with the recent converts this week we almost know all of them there is alot of little kids that were baptised but their families are not we are trying to work with them to reacitvate families the cool part was there were two families that did not  accept visits the last missionaries but they accepted us so we hope to help them!
Some days are better then others with my spanish but I realised that Im loosing my english also the other day we were teaching and they asked me to give a pray in engish and I couldnt I started in english but mixed in spanish! Me and my comp are also reading every other day in engish and some days we both dont know how to say some words its funny! At the moment i dont mind loosing english i need spanish! 
I know that its sooo important to have a tesitmony of the bom and to be truely converted this is alot of problems with people who have been baptised and stop coming to church. There is one family that is all Recent converts but they have amazing testimonies about the the bom and the gossple and they are all about sharing it with others and thats what we got to do share with everyone! I love you all hope you all have a good week!
con amor 
Hna Boully!
 
Hna Mandy
 
Hola familia!
Wow this week flew and next week is going to fly by too because we get to have another mission reunion with another seventy on friday! I can't believe this change is almost over! Where does the time go? So we had a special fast this week to help us find people who are prepared for our message and we promised Heavenly Father that we would get at least 70 contacts if he would help us find them. We hear a lot of "I worship in my own way in my own house" from people here because there are soo many churches so it's difficult to help people believe that ours is the true one but this week we contacted a woman and she said that but still let us come back because she was curious and now we both think she has been prepared to recieve this gospel because she was talking to us and already believes pretty much everything we believe in and likes what we taught her! I'm so excited to keep teaching her!! So seeing as Hna. Mandi Hobbs ratted on me and let the cat out of the bag that I fall a lot I might as well report that I did indeed fall....again. It's not my fault though I swear!! We were walking down the sidewalk and I kind of stumbled a little bit and there was a lot of people in front of us so when my companion started laughing they turned around and she said "My companion almost fell" in Spanish and then right after that we had to hurry across the street and I totally biffed it. There wasn't light and the streets here are really uneven so I totally did a penguin dive kind of a fall and my companion nearly peed her pants laughing so hard but there were a bunch of cars coming so she was trying to help me but couldn't because she was laughing so hard so I jumped up and we ran to the curb and that's when I looked down and was like "Where are my shoes?" They had flown off my feet when I fell and all we could do was watch as cars drove by and my shoes were still in the street. It was great! I have become a master at falling without getting hurt though so there's that. Here there's a phrase they use when you fall it's "Compre terrena" which means to buy land but it's basically like "eating dirt" so all the members here joke that I'm the duena (landlord) of Talca because I've bought so much land. Surprisingly though that's not the most interesting thing that happened this week. There's a rule in our mission that we're not allowed to pet the dogs because they either have fleas or they bite and the Hermana from Guatemala that I live with didn't obey this rule and got bit in the butt by a dog hard enough that it broke skin and she had to go to the hospital and get a rabies shot and now has this huge bruise on her bum it's pretty funny (only because she laughs about it too) :P We had another baptism this week (the other sisters not us) and once again it was cool to watch her get baptised but I really can't wait til someone I've taught takes that step. The other day we saw the cutest thing, there were three little boys playing with a soccer ball that had a hole in it so every two minutes or so they had to stop and blow it up but they were still having a blast. Then another funny thing is that here they like to sweep their dirt. The people here don't like it when the dirt in front of their houses is unruly or messy so they'll sweep patterns into it I love it and think it's so dang funny!! So there's a type of spider here that has venom strong enough to kill a grown man called Rincon which means corner because it likes to hide in the corner and we have spray that we use to help kill it but the one crappy thing is that there's another spider that is the only thing that eats the Rincon so we're not supposed to kill it but let it be. I CAN'T SEE A HUGE SPIDER IN MY HOUSE AND MAKE THE CONSCIOUS CHOICE TO LEAVE IT BE!!! It's unnatural. So that's my busy crazy hectic week, feel free to comment if you like. The time passes so slowly but our days are so busy I can't believe it's P-day again and next week is going to feel the same. Love you all soo much! The church is true the book is blue and Moroni is always on the ball!!
HErmana Mandy Boully
 

No comments:

Post a Comment