Friday, November 21, 2014

10/6

Hna Mandy

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never before had such a powerful experience listening to General Conference! I hope every single one of you listened and paid attention because hear we all kind of go nuts about it. It was seriously like the missionary version of the SuperBowl. We all gathered in the Stake Center, had a TV set up upstairs to watch it in English and everyone brought snacks, and their gamefaces, ready to hear from our coaches on the sidelines what we're doing good and what we need to improve on. Our Miss. Pres. told us to go to conference with questions in mind and listen for our answers and I had like 8 but every single one of them was answered! What was funny was that the talk that answered most of my questions was the one that was in Spanish! So it's a good thing I've been paying attention and learning more and more so that I could actually understand what he was saying and get my answers! It's so cool and different to watch all four sessions of conference in the stake center mostly because everyone brings their lunch in little things of tupperware and eats it in and around the chapel during the two hours in between sessions. Also we missionaries stress out up until the very minute conference starts hoping that our investigators and menos activos show up. We had this amazing investigator of ours named Mayra come to conference and it was seriously like early Christmas!! It's interesting to thing that in Utah and at home watching/listening to conference is so second nature but here you have to spend some of your crucial time reminding the members to actually come or listen or watch it because a lot of them haven't been doing it their whole lives or they think if they just go to one their good and then we lament because we'll hear talks and think of them etc. Conference is stressful as well as rejuvenating. So my companion likes to tease me that my body is having a hard time adjusting to being on the other side of the world with "different gravity" because at home I never had a problem but here I keep, ever so gracefully, eating dirt. I didn't write home about it because I didn't want to freak you guys out but my first week here I totally fell down the stairs of our apartment carrying my bike and it was seriously the funniest thing ever! I didn't scream at all so my companion thought I just dropped the bike and she looked down from the floor above and saw my legs sprawled at the top of my stairs with my skirt askew the whole deal and started screaming and then this little lady who lives on the first floor came out and they pulled the bike off of me but I couldn't stand up, not because I was hurt but because I was laughing so hard. My only injury was a bruise on my leg and the truly miraculous blessing was that I didn't even get a run in my tights! God looks out for us sister missionaries and knows our priorities. :P The good thing about my biffing it several times is that the members here now feel like that they have to especially take care of and look after the poor new gringa missionary who doesn't know the language and keeps falling down so I've acquired a nice little halo of concerned latina mamàs. It's great. And I would pick tripping occasionally to being sick any day of the week and thus far I've been the one blessed to be fine while my companions get sick, my companion had a stomach bug this week but we still managed to serve and help people nonetheless! Perserverance!! I love you guys so much! It's crazy how fast my time here is passing but I'm loving every moment of it!!
Con mucho mucho amor! 
Hermana Mandy Boully

I forgot to mention our electricity and hot water was restored this Tuesday. HALLELUJAH!! So we're loving light and life again :)
Hermana Boully
 
My Area

This is how we feel about conference!

 
Hna Nicia
 
 Hola Family!
I agree with Mandy about conference is like christmas for missionaries goondess conference was soooo amazing and with every talk I would be thinking of oh this would help this investigator or this investigator. For example we have one boy that we have been working with for a while trying to get baptised he has had alot of questions about prophets and this whole conferece was about prophets and yes the talk by David A. Bednar was just for him and lot of others here on the mission me and my companion printed out a copy and are going to give it to him! It was lots of fun watching conference with the other greengos In english there is one elder who just came this last change it was nice thinking that I am progressing at least a little bit! I loved how conference was in all soughts of laungages makes me think about learning other laugages after i get spanish down and when i am home!

Me and my companion has been working hard trying to find those who are ready and trying to be patient with those we are working with there is always somthing or opasition in people getting baptised we have placed a couple of fechas over the week but all of them have work chalengeges that make it hard for us to visit them and to go to work. The other day we just got told we have to be in our houses at 7 at night which is good for our safty but its kinda hard cuz some of our investigatores we can only see in the night. But there needs be opasesion in all things to send us to our needs like they said in conference. We keep working and make things work and have faith that is will. 

I have loved my new conpanion we have been having lots of fun together Im so grateful for her. There has been some days that I teach or talk to people and they decide when they see my blonde hair that they dont understand no matter how good I say it. My cute companion says she always understands so thats a good sign or heavenly father is helping her understand me! But the cool part about being different it starts conversaions on buses on the streets this week we have gotten so many referals but all live out of our area we are always supose to get referals but we have none not with out trying we are doing everyone elses work. 

We had one lesson this last week with the one boy I mentioned earlier we were talking about the blessings you recieve in the church and replied that he already had all of those with his church and family I was able to point out that these were all good things but he didnt know what he was missing out on. I was really happy I was able to teach and understand him even if the lesson didnt go has well has we hoped but made me think of all the things that we had and i loved some of those talkes about who do you face sometimes I get worried about saying things that will up set people but we Im not here to please people im here to please god and do what he says. I love the talks this confernce and I know that the prophets are called of god and that we need them. I also know that mission presidents are called of god Im so grateful for Pres. Caffaro and his Wife we had Interviews this last week and you can tell they care for everyone its amazing! I love you all hope you have a good week!
Hna Boully!

No comments:

Post a Comment