So this week was a pretty cool one. I mean all of them are pretty cool but this one was one for the books. First off we helped out with a baptism on Saturday! It wasn't our investigator :( but the Hermana's in our casa didn't plan things very well so we ended up doing a bunch to help them. For instance they don't have those handy baptismal jumpers down here so the girl getting baptized (she's fifteen and super sweet) borrowed the temple dress of a lady in the ward but when she put it on you could see through it so I ended up taking my slip off right there and giving it to her so that she could wear it and they didn't have any testigos (witnesses) for the baptism so we were calling all the elders within a five mile radius trying to find someone to come witness the baptism and luckily at the last moment they came. Then we had to hurry and download a mormon message to show while she was getting changed and we sang hymns to keep people entertained and then afterwards we had to run to the store and get snacks because last minute they decided to have a little celebration afterwards. So it was really crazy but everything worked out and when she got baptized I seriously almost cried because it was so spiritual and cool. When you see bishop can you grab him and tell him thanks for being who is and being such a great bishop? In Utah you take advantage of how established the church is there and think that it's the same everywhere else in the world but here the church has only been here for 50 years so their still trying hard to work out some kinks and it can be really hard sometimes. The spirit is the same though! I was reminded of that this week with fast and testimony meeting. My companion is finishing her mission and going home this Monday so everyone was really sentimental about us and a lot of people bore their testimonies about the influence of having the missionaries in their home has made and it was a real spirit booster. It's kind of funny because everyone in the ward loves my comp. and they'll be crying and pouring out their hearts about her and then have to add something for me like "oh we love you too but Hna. Hobbs is leaving!!" The bishop here is really strict and going overtime is one of the things he hates so I was going to bear my testimony but there wasn't much time and Hno. Cornejo, the man we helped stop drinking beer without alcohol, grabbed my arm and was like Ya-po! so I went up and tried my best to say my testimony in Español and not to cry ( I failed. Epically but at the not crying bit) The same family the Cornejos has a little boy named Sebastian but we call him Sebi or Sebita who's four and is crazy! Seriously Dawson is timid and tranquillo compared to this little boy (I still love you more Dawson don't worry!!) but this week he was talking to his mom and she told us this story: he asked why Jesus always has his hands outstretched and when she couldn't answer sufficiently he went on to explain that it's because Jesus is ALWAYS sharing." If that doesn't melt your heart wait, the next time we visited him he gave us some of his cookies, juice out of his own cup, and we had been playing with this little stuffed bunny all night and when we were getting ready to go he put it in my bag and said "Este es un regalo de Sebita." (This is a gift from Sebita) and then went searching for another toy to give to my companion. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!! Then again that's how everyone down here is, soo kind and caring and soo willing to share. Another little girl in our ward loves one direction and she made us these one direction flowers and gave them to us. Hna. Hobbs says most of the souvenirs I'm going to take home are going to be gifts from people down here. Speaking of which, Nicia!! You know how you had to direct your sector after your companion was transferred? That's what I have to do this Monday when mine goes home! And I only have six weeks! I'm a little nervous but I know I'll be allright. We went on divisions this week and I went with a Latina who doesn't know English so if my next comp is Latina I think I'll be allright though I'm going to miss Hna. Hobbs a bunch! She says she really wants to visit you guys though so if a Mandi Hobbs adds or messages you on Facebook you should accept because she's going to be bringing my Hearing Aide home to get fixed! We had Zone Conference and New Missionary training this week so I saw my Miss. Pres. and he said he has a daughter coming here in November and he'll give me her address so if you guys can get it fixed and to her that will me a lot safer than transcontinental FedEx or something. Well that's about it for my crazy week. Every time I think I've gotten used to being here, serving a mission in Chile I'll look around and marvel once more at just how lucky I truly am to be here doing the most fulfilling, significant thing I've ever done. Sometimes I get frustrated when we have amazing lessons with people but they don't want to keep commitments but then something will happen to remind me that everything happens in the Lord's time and what we're doing does actually make a difference. I love you all so much! I'm grateful to be here and every day my testimony grows stronger of this gospel and everything in it. Every day I realize how much the gospel truly does bless lives. Man I love being a missionary and watching my companion get ready to leave makes me never want my mission to end! If it weren't for the fact that I don't get to see all of you I would never ever want to come home. Love you all!
Hermana (Mandy) Boully
Hna Nicia
Hola Family,
Since we have gotten a new President things have been
slowly starting to change and he is always trying to get us to do better
to work better in our areas. This last week we had a meeting of our
zone and recived alot good info from our zone leaders. The mission and
our president is trying to help us focus on names not numbers and about
doing better about getting our recient converts come to church and stay
active. Some days its kinda hard when we feel like we have so much to do
and so many people to visit. Our sunday mornings are always busy
picking up investigators and rc and less actives to come to church but
its worth it when you think of the people. For example this last week we
found a less active family this last week the mom is not a member and
we are trying to work with her but the kids are adults but hadnt been to
church in 4 years and they were able to come with us to church. We
always have to report how many recent converts we had in church this
last week we had 2 that might not seem like a big number but its been
better then the last couple of weeks of only one and watching my recent
convert pass the sacrament for the second time makes it worth. I like
the focuzing on each person because Heavenly Father knows each one of us
so its important for us missionaries to know them to.
Its
sometimes funny talking and teaching different people the mom of the
family i mentioned we just started teaching her and found out she knows
all about the church she knows all the lessons she knows all answers and
we invited her to be baptised and she says she is catholic we talked to
her daughter and she says she knows its true she has felt it when they
have prayed we feel like its hard for her to change because she has been
cathlic all her life she is lds in her heart but in her mind she is
sticking to cathlica. We are trying to change her mind and help her see
this is the step she needs to take.
There are
always ups and downs on the mission we will have great lessons and teach
people perfectly that they are ready to go to church and then sunday
comes around something happens. There is a saying down here Primero Dios
God when we ask people if they can go to church and they say that most
the time it means the oppsite. But there are others who really live that
Im so greatful for the members that have helped us so much and always
helping and welcoming our investigators and people who give there all.
Im
so happy to be on a mission I still have alot to learn I cant believe I
have beenout for 5 months. Im talking and learning to love spanish and
know how to say things right. Its been lots of fun with Hna Quinoñez her
family and her ward keeps sending us food and sweets they are so
amazing! I love you all so much hope you have a good day!
Hna Nicia BOully"!


No comments:
Post a Comment