Dear families of the Guatemala South Mission.
From Sister Mandy
Hola familia!
HOly Cow this week has been a busy crazy hectic mess
of a week. First things first Nicia got her wish for me to be with a
Latina because my new companion's name is Hermana Arellano de Mexico and
I'm living with another Hna. de Mexico and her companion who is from
Guatemala. It should be fun. I'm going to have to learn so much more
Spanish than I already know!!
This week was really crazy
because my companion Hna. Hughes left on Monday for her health and the
Pres. had told her she was going to go straight home so me and the Fam.
Dominguez said goodbye to her thinking it would be the last time we saw
her and it was last notice and super hard but then that night I got a
call saying that she was still going home but because of the Holiday
couldn't go home until today. So it was still sad because she's still
leaving but at least then she would have a week to work really hard and
say goodbye to everyone in the ward. So she came back tuesday, surprised
some of the members by being back already, then Wednesday her health
got worse so Thursday morning we got another call and she had to leave
last minute again to work in Rancagua until Monday because Pres. wanted
her to be closer to him and the miss. nurse and the hospital and
everything. So this week has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster
and I spent pretty much all of it on divisions with another hna. de
guatemala and an hna. de nicaragua so it's been hard to get some real
work done and I had to hit the pavement running but we're ready to get
working and see some success in our sector and I really do feel like
this happened for a reason and I'm going to learn from it. It just
really sucks saying goodbye to another companion. Hna. Arellano is great
though and already has some great ideas and a great attitude about the
sector, I'm excited to work with her. So speaking of Thanksgiving, they
kind of laugh at us here when we talk about it and one family thought we
celebrated it because of Columbus discovering the Americas so I had to
try and explain the real reason in Spanish and it didn't work very well.
We had completos for thanksgiving which is like the hamburger of Chile,
they eat it all the time and pretty much every corner restaurant sells
them, even though all it is is a tripped out hot dog, with avacado,
tomato, onion, mayo, their special mustard and such. It's good but I've
never really liked hot dogs before so it's not my favorite thing in the
world. What I really like, and don't judge me for this because it is
just what they call it here, are Ass Completos. It's the exact same
thing but instead of a hot dog it's like fajita meat and soooo good!! We
had it last monday. Speaking of food to celebrate the beginning of this
cambio, Hna. Arellano and I had McDonalds today, for the first time
outside of the country. It was SOOOO good, tasted like normal McDonald's
which normally I wouldn't get worked up about but I haven't had a
hamburger and fries in like months so it was a delicious present in my
mouth. Fun Weird fact about Chile: They like to peel their tomatoes
before cutting them up, either that or they'll grate the tomato on a
cheese grater, it's weird.
On the spiritual side it's also
been a bit hard because we started the week with three fechas
bautismales but all of them fell through because two of them didn't come
to church and then we have this amazing 18 year old girl named Mayra
who loves the church and wants to get baptized so bad but her parents
want to see if she's doing it for herself or for her Mormon boyfriend so
we have to wait until after he leaves to go to college at the end of
the month to baptize her, It's so dang frustrating!!
Well
that's about all to my crazy hectic loco week. I don't know if it feels
like it to you guys but time is flying here but every day is full of
witnesses to the truthfullness of the gospel! LOVE YOU ALL SO
MUCH!!!!!!! CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!
Hermana Boully
P.S. I have one more request for Christmas!! All who read this should go to lds.org or mormon.org
and watch the video He is the Gift and then share it on Facebook or
with your friends or whatever. The mission here and in the world is
really pushing this initiative to get people watching this video and
asking questions, and remembering what Christmas really is alll about
and we could use all the help we could get!! Thanks a ton!!
From Sister Nicia
Happy Late Dia de Gracias,
I know Im late but better late then never
right? I hope everyone had a good Thanks Giving! Here they dont
celebrate thanks giving but us missionaires did! We got together has a
zone for dinner at a sisters house she was very generous to invite us
all her whole family are converts so they love us missionaries. She told
us all that she was our mom here on the mission awww I couldnt help but
give her a hug! We didnt have turky but still had some good guatemala
food which is veggies, beef, rice, and tamalis and even desert me and my
comp were so full we arent used to having big dinners normaly we have
ceral and milk in the night or little things. It was a little sad
thinking about home and all you family but Im so happy to be here on the
mission together has a zona we all sang Called to Serve its sooo cool
being together all of us on the Lords service its an amazing feeling!
The
work is going good here we have alot of investigatodors that have have
alot of potential but need a little more time. Our mission Pres has been
focuzing alot on families so we have been to! We have been working with
this mom and her two kids all of them had fechas (dates for baptism)
for this next week but didnt come to church so the fechas fell but we
where able to teach the Husband he has always been working when we visit
but this time no! We found out he used to atend church when he was
little. We hope to help them all get baptised.
We are getting
to know our area everyday and trying to learn how the busses work the
other day we went to a part we havent been to yet with a member but
found out she didnt know the area very well ether but when we wanted to
return for our other apointments there was no buses we ended up haveing
to walk quite a ways back this poor member but she is amazing lots of
fun i hope she will go out with us again we offered to wash her cloths
for making her walk so much!
Im happy mandy getting her latina comp and from guatemala even better!
Im excited for Christmas here it sounds lots of fun
Time
is going by pretty quick but Im glad I still have time left cuz I still
have so much to learn. Has we teach more and more I learn more and more
we were teaching this mother with the two kids about the temple and the
work we do and I was thinking about why its not free for everyone to be
sealed to their kids or to their husband or wife. Why we dont let
everyone go into the temple? This is what I recieved when I was thinking
about this. We are here on this earth to learn and progese we. We are
not just giveing everything Heavenly Father gave us this earth but we
gotta work here on this earth. We have to progese we gotta work to be
ready to be baptised and then after go to the temple and remain worth of
a temple recomend work together has a family to be sealed together and
then continue after Ender to the end! Has we work to acomplish this
goals makes us better and Heavenly Father wants us to be the best we can
be and to be with our families! I love you all hope you all have a good
week I know this Life isnt it and some days its difficult but we gotta
work we are here to work to be better!
Love Hna BOULLY!
No comments:
Post a Comment