Hola!!
Its getting closer and closer to Christmas and Im getting more and more excited! There is a huge Christmas tree 2 hours from my area the funny part is it has a big Gallo Rooster on the time top of the tree and this is a company for beer! but its still pretty and really cool in the night the lights and music and all! This week we got to contact around the tree because there are lots of people around the tree but sometimes people dont want to listen but its part of the fun of the mission! We have had a kinda busy week we also had house inspections and the nurse of the mission came with her husband the funny part is they dont know alot of spanish so they mainly talked to me it was kinda hard talking english it was funny! They also brought me my package from my loving mother!! It was a hard deccion to make to wait for christmas or not but I couldnt wait. My leaders who brought my package invited me to open it then and share with them but Im pretty sure they wouldnt want to share what I got tampons:) I dont know if you all watched the Christmas devotional but it was amazing I love hearing from our prophets and the talks were so good!
The work is going good Im happy to say that I dont have changes which me and my comp are soooo happy for because we still have so much work to do in our area we still dont know all of it yet and tampocca the miembers, but we have another change yay!!! This week we werent able to work alot in our area but mainly worked with our recent converts. I know that Pray and fasting works cuz this last week 10 of our 17 rc came to church 2 families that hasnt been to church in months. It was soooo amazing to see them walking into church! I know its very important to always have faith in people even when it doesnt seem like they will progress I gotta admite that I didnt think these families would all come to church but all of them came it was so amazing Im so thankful for the help of the members and my heavenly father!! Love you all! have a good week!
HNA Boully!
Hna Mandy
Hola Familia y Amigos y Todo!!
Ok I'm gonna start with the weather because even though I heard you guys are having good weather up there it is so weird being here in Diciembre!!! I am freakishly brown on the back of my neck it's the same color as my Mexican companion!! Everyone here is putting up decorations and eating Pan de Pascua (which is just fruit cake and for reasons that escape me is really popular down here) and singing Christmas songs but it does not feel like Christmas!! For me the number one decoration for Christmas has always been the snow and here I'm having to bathe in sun block in order not to fry! What gets me the most though.... THIS IS ONLY SPRING FOR THEM!!! :P The members love to laugh at me and tell me horror stories of how gringos crisp like a potato chip during verano but it works because they scare me into actually wearing sunblock. Also just a heads up during this time of year apparently there're a lot of Earthquakes so if the title of my future emails is ever "Oh my gosh I'm going to freaking Die" It's probably an overreaction. This week has been really long and a bit of an adjustment having a Latina companion, she's awesome and super cute and tiny but I'm definitely having to learn to step up my game with the Spanish because before if I didn't know the word in Spanish I could always fall back on my English and my comp would help me out but now my comp doesn't know what I'm trying to say either so I'm drowning a little bit but asi es la vida de la misionara I suppose. Speaking of which something crazy happened this week that I was not prepared for, we were working in our sector and all of a sudden I had a thought that we should go visit one of our investigators. We hadn't planned for her and weren't terribly close but we went anyways not really thinking anything of it. We were talking and laughing a bit outside her house having called the usual Ahloo which is like ringing the door bell when she comes out with this hollow look on her face and everything kind of went quiet as she told us that her husband had passed away. We had arrived just in time to attend the viewing of a man I had just talked to 3 or 4 days before and offered whatever condolences we could before leaving a little dazed and mystified. The really crazy thing is that we were focusing on her but when we visited last she wasn't home yet so we had to wait outside on the patio talking to her husband until she got home and he told us that his doctors had told him that he was sick and then he asked us what our beliefs were about death. We shared a little bit of the Plan de Salvation with him, not much, then our investigator got home and we taught her. He was there but didn't really participate, actually we were kind of bugged at him because we showed her the video of Joseph Smith and he was on his phone the whole time. The whole thing kind of through me for a loop and made me realize that I don't have very much experience with this and I'm not always sure how we can help her I just hope that she doesn't take this as a reason to close her heart to the gospel but the other way around and that she becomes even more open to the doctrine and teachings that can help lighten her burden a little bit. I know it does for me during times that are hard and difficult. Especially in this type of trial it really makes a difference knowing that you can be with your family again. It gives me extra zeal to teach family history and temple work. Well on a brighter note we placed a fecha with a really cool 20 year old girl this week and have really big hopes for her. My companion and I are a little tonta and have been drinking hot chocolate even though it's burning outside because we want to get into the Christmas spirit. Also it's funny to note the cultural difference where I couldn't believe she didn't know how to make macaroni and cheese and oatmeal and she couldn't believe I didn't know how to make tortillas from scratch. I'm learning how to make a lot of things like crepes and french toast and stuff in like the twenty minutes of time we have in the morning, it's fun :) Well I think that's about it for this week, it was long, it was crazy, it was a little hard but asi es la vida and how beautiful it is especially in the service of our lord. I love you all so much
Hermana Boully
No comments:
Post a Comment