Hola!
I agree with mandy its a roller coaster! My mission pres said that we will have our highest highs and our lowest lows Im still suprised how high things can and how low!
This week has been very busy! First of all we had our service of the zona we went to a old folks day care place and got to play games and sing with them! It was lots of fun and made me think of home and work I loved it! It was really funny we entered the room and there they were all this old folks waiting for us and clapping we felt like rock stars. We spent the afternoon playing bingo singing hymnos and we werent the only ones singing they loved to sing for us it was really funny seeing the really tall elders next to these tinny grannyies!
This was Wednesday then Thursday we had our conference for the Navidad which was amazing!! Presdient Caffaro was there and his wife we got to hear from him and we also got to watch Work and The Glory it was really funny watching with a bunch of misisonaries who cant kiss and think of girls and guys, but it was good I learned alot and I felt the spirit so strong. After I also recieved my package that you guys sent me thank you so much I loved the christmas cards and all the candy goodness me and my comp are slowly opening everyday to make it last! The conferce was a all day thing we left at 6 in the morning and returned 6 in the night but it was amazing!
After we visited a family of Recent converts we found out that the husband started smoking and drinking it was kinda hard to see him like that because when we first meet him I was blown away by his testimony and how he wanted to share the Book of Mormon. The family had been having problems with money and this is why the husband is struggling but we are trying to help them but it was kinda hard for both me and my comp to have had the great confercen and then have this happen the same day. Shows that satin is always working hard for us but we are stronger!
Then Saturday we had our baptisms. We spent most of the day at the Chapel because we had to fill up the foant and then we also had a ward activity for christmas and also our baptism! I think never in the history of missionarys that one baptism goes perfectly. We had planned to start at 3:30 but no buses passed where our converts lived this poor lady and her daughters where waiting for an hour for the buses. But once we started everything went fine we had a ton of members at the baptims beacuas after was the activity! It was amazing seeing This lady and her daughter be baptised. We meet them the first night we came to Fraijanes the area Im in. and after they both bore there testimonies we where so happy for them. After she talked about how she feels different and at peace with everything!
Right now we are working with her husband and hope help him also!
Its been a busy and crazy week but its part of the mission Im so grateful to be out in the mission and here for the navidad! I love you all and Wish you all a Feliz Navidad!
Hna Nicia Boully
Hna Mandy
HOLA FAMILIA Y FELIZ NAVIDAD DE CHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, news first the Hermana from Guatemala that I lived with had the choice to go home before navidad or on her normally scheduled date of Jan. 18 and she chose antes de navidad and so now I am in a trio with two Mexicanas!!! ARRRRRIBBA!!! It's been fun and a little bit interesting so far, aaaand I'm speaking a freaking ton of Spanish. I'm actually having a hard time forming sentences in Ingles which is Ca-razy! My other Mexicana compañera se llama hna. Juarez del Norte de Mexico. She's super nice and super tall so it makes me stand out a little less but not a lot. I'm the only gringa in my barrio now so that makes things interesting but I'm learning a whole lot of Spanish and carrying my dictionary around with me because now I don't have a gringa to ask when I don't know a word in spanish. Sad news of the week is that I hate the three Ps of missionary work: Padres, Pololos y Pastores, and this week the fome is Padres because the fecha we had is this amazing girl who so wants to get batpized but her parents want her to prove that this really is what she wants so she is going to wait 6 months before getting baptized :( When she told me I was calm on the outside but screaming and beating my head against the wall on the inside. She was so close!!! I have faith that she can make it but man I wanted that to be my present for Navidad!! Oh well, everything happens for a reason right? In other news it's still very hot here, the members in the ward are fighting over who gets to give us dinner christmas eve, it still doesn't feel like christmas because there isn't any snow, oh and my culinary skills are being put to the test because everyone here heard that I know how to make brownies and crepes and french toast and cookies so we had like four noche de hogares and I made something for every one of them and then we started running in the mornings to help even out the calorie intake. Oh yeah we had the biggest temblor I've felt yesterday before church and it was really cool!! First the ground shook a little bit, which was no big deal because I've felt that before but then our house shook too and it felt a bit like going over a hill in a big truck, if that even makes sense, and we all freaked out and ran into our room and then it was over. The coolest thing that happened this week is that we had a menos activa come to church and it seriously made myday to see her there after weeks of her promising she would come. I'm really seeing the gifts of christmas in my every day life here, the things that truly matter, like love, friendship, family, the gospel it doesn't feel like the christmases I remember in the states but at the same time everything has this awesome christmas glow and i think this year and the next I'm going to feel the true christmas spirit the most. What really matters is what I'm sharing and even though I'm not with you guys physically I'm thinking and praying about you every day and trying my best to share that same love that I recieve from each of you with the people here. The gospel and Jesus christ are the true Dàdivas or gifts of christmas and I'm so blessed to be sharing them!!
Love you all sooooo much
Hermana Boully


No comments:
Post a Comment