Sunday, March 8, 2015

2/9/15

Hna Mandy

Hola familia! 
So I'm really hoping to avoid the "opportunity" to eat rabbit or horse or other weird meat but my companion is an absolute carnivore, loves meat of all kinds and loves trying new things so she's going around asking people to serve us these things (an example of how you can love people but not the things they are doing) and the people here get angry when you don't eat what they serve so we'll see what happens. So I officially compre terrena or in other words biffed it here in Rengo and typical of me it was spectacular. I always try and do my best in all things and apparently that includes falling as well. We were a bit disheartened after a rough lesson and so to raise our spirits a little bit I decided we should play on the teter totter for a minute which TOTALLY works to cheer people up!! We were laughing and having fun and I was at the top, up in the air loving life and all when all of a sudden my compañera decided to stand up without warning. The laws of gravity took into affect and I came crashing down ever so gracefully. Earlier in the week my compañera joked that if I were to fall she would laugh before helping me up and this proved to be true with the exception of the "helping me up" part. I laid on the ground for a good five minutes while she lost it laughing. One adventure down, many to go. Speaking of adventures we went out to campo last monday and coming back we had to squish 4 elders in back and me and my compa in the front seat and she's a bit bigger than me so I ended up hanging pretty much my whole torso out the window like a dog. DON'T DO THIS AT HOME! Thankfully it was only a five minute drive to the bus stop but now I'm lamenting that I didn't take advantage of the opportunity to take the most epic selfie ever. Oh also we drove past a guy walking down the street and I said hola and he nearly jumped out of his pants. I was just trying to be friendly. That night we also had a birthday party/family home evening with a family in the ward but it was cool because the Hermano who was having the birthday didn't want us to focus on him but instead invited a couple in the ward who are having struggles to come over and we focused on helping them instead. It was a great example to me on how to serve others even on your own day. This week for Valentine's day our ward is having an activity and the missionaries are in charge of a presentation, we're going to teach the Law of Chastity ha ha jk. We don't know what we're going to do but all of the hermanas in the ward keep joking that we're going to need a lot of chocolate and tissues on that day. Silly hermanas. We had a baptism on sunday of a girl who turned 8 in the ward so I was remembering my baptism, good times. Also something really cool happened we were at church on sundyay after all the meetings getting ready for the baptism when a family from my ward in Talca showed up! They had driven up to see me and another Hna. that I lived with. I was so touched that they would make the trip and it was cool when they started asking the members here if they are taking care of me. I am surrounded by so many good people here. It amazes me everyday. Speaking of good people I had divisiones with our coordinadora and she's this amazing Hna. from Utah and so I get to add another person onto the list of amazing misioneras I've met here that I get to party with after the mission. People are great. And I think that's my favorite thing about the mission so far. Meeting new people, new companions, new members and investigators and especially the people that we find on the street that invite us into their homes because something about our message touches our heart. We found a lot of new people this week and every time I teach someone for the very first time and share a little bit about the Restoration and the gospel it reaffirms my testimony in the truthfulness of this church, of this gospel, and the value of what I'm doing. Love you all so much
Hermana Boully

Hna Nicia

Hola!!
This week was kinda a short week for us we had our intervistas with President Caffaro which is always amazing to recieve counsel from our President and also from his wife Hna Caffaro its not only the President that has all the power its also his wife! They are like our Parents in the mission they love us but they also know what is best for us and are not afriad to give us the belt! or sincho they like to say here! We also had to go to the captial cuz my cute comp had to do some doctors tests but she is fine all the test went fine just found out she has mono so I gotta be careful not to get it! 

The work is going good we have one investigador that is really amazing he has about 50 years we contacted him one night when we where walking back to our house and he has been piles every since he has came to church for the last two sundays and also a activity we had wesday the cool part is he has a friend in the presidency of the rama it really helps to have good friends to suport you! and it helps us missionaries! The last sunday he asked for a BOM and the next day we gave him one with the assignement to ready the introduction the next day we were passing by and he stopped us to ask us a bunch of questions and he had read about the 8 testimonies of the Bom we where suprised! Its amazing when people have questions cuz it shows they did actually read and really thought about it! We are just starting to teach about the restauaraion leccion 1 but he is already reading the bom and has a date for baptism for the 28 feb! The hard part is sometimes he doesnt understand me cuz when I talk he thinks im talking english but we are getting better at understanding each other!
We hope to find more people like him. We also have a mom that has gone to lots of different churches but loves to listen to us and she came to church this last week with out us picking her up really cool! 
I dont know if you all remember but a family that I was working with in my other area got baptised this last with with my old comp and her new hija (new missionary that she is training) I was so happy to hear. This was the family that the dad had a dream about Joseph Smith!
This monday we didnt climb any mountains but we did find some great skirts and walked around a market! Its kinda funny all the buss drivers know us and that we live in Progreso so they are always there for us to get a ride but its kinda crazy when there is more then one bus and the guys are like my bus my bus makes you feel like a rock star but they just want our business!
In the mission there is always moments when you just accept when you feel like sighing but say ok ill do it! This last Sunday we got to give talks some of themembers where teasing us cuz we say its easier to teach then to give talks cuz with talks everyone is looking at you and you gotta do all the talking! It went pretty good but the next time I gotta speak louder I guess not everyone could hear me... oops! but of course they felt the spirt and what I was trying to say! 
I love hna Zelaya we are always laughing and having fun she has a fun happy personality and she is sooo beautiful but she shares her love with everyone! She is a great example to me that we can be happy and have fun and work at the same time! 

Funny story I dont know if I told you all but the other week we had divisions so we had to go to the other sisters area one a 30 buss ride we ended up being late cuz we didnt know where the buses where but in the middle of the trip I had to go to the bathroom and the bad part was the bus ride is bumpy, lots of curves and the bus driver goes fast! I was doing the potty dance in my seat we where going through a little town and I told my comp we had to get off cuz I had to go!! we ran to a tienda and found some public bathrooms even though they werent the prettiest I was so happy for them and the cool part after that the bus was stuck in traffic so we where able to jump back on the bus and not wait for another and pay more money my comp was busting up laughing the whole way! I was saying prays of thanks for the bus waiting and for finding a toilet! 
I know that Heavenly Father looks out for his missionaires even when they need a bathroom! I hope you all have a good week!
Ps I wont write this next monday but I will tuesday we get to go to the temple this tuesday!!!!
Hna Boully!



No comments:

Post a Comment