Hola familia!!
To address the subject line, it's really hot here right now and here in Chile for reasons unknown to me the bottled water they like to drink is water with carbonation, or agua con gas. The have normal bottled water but for some reason, the buy this carbonated stuff that totally defeats the purpose of buying bottled water and at that point you'd be better off just buying soda!! So everytime we enter a house and they pull out bottled water from the fridge I cry a little inside because I'll have to drink it or they'll be offended. I'm just really hot and would like normal water please!! Ha ha the things you have to go through in the mish. Anyhoo the good news this week is that as of yet I still have not had the pleasure of eating cornejo or horse or anything like that, to my knowledge, even though my companion keeps asking for it. We met an amazing family this week, we were contacting and they asked us to come back and we did and had an awesome lesson and afterwards they invited us to tomar once and when they placed tea on the table we had an opportunity to share a summary of the word of wisdom to explain why we don't drink tea. They were super cool about it, served us herbal tea instead but what really stuck out to me is that the next time we went to teach them the son Nicholas who is 25 told us that after hearing our crash course in the WofW he had quite smoking and drinking tea!! We were dumbfounded and shocked and so happy all at the same time!! I love it when we find people who are prepared!! So I forgot to mention but last week I learned how to make bread from scratch, a special type of bread that they have here which is kind of like Jan's hamburger buns but different but the cool part is that I learned how to make it in a big stone stove that's outside and like they had in olden times, we also formed the dough on a wooden door that they use in place of a table, it was so cool! I also learned how to make sopaipillas which are like scones but they put mustard and ketchup on them. I can't wait to make all of this stuff for you guys. We had a really awesome lesson with a 78 year old recent convert and at the end he played the guitar for us and sang and it was super pretty and even more special because he had an accident and have of his fingers were cut off and his pointer finger is at a permanent right angle but he could still play the guitar really well. In other news we're going to have a baptism!! But not really. A girl in the ward is turning eight so her mom is having us teach her all of the lessons to help prepare her but it counts as a baptism of the ward not of us so it's fun and cool to teach her but the first baptism of Hna. Boully todavia has yet to occur, in due time though! We had our entrevistas too this week and it was so great to go visit with our amazing mis. pres. he's such a cool guy and I always leave interviews feeling super good and pumped to do the work of the Lord. I don't know if I mentioned but he's from South Jordan Utah so I'm also excited that me and the other missionaries from Utah can still visit them after the mish. We also ate brownies from hna. Warne which was like a big ol' bite of AMERICA! :P Valentines Day was interesting, we had a ward activity and we thought it would be all spiritual so the missioneros went first and we had this sketch that we did that was all about how to be more like Christ and then all the other members went after us and they all just took turns singing Latin romantic love songs. AT the end roses were given to all the guys, so that they could give them to the girls and this cute old bachelor that always accompanies us on lessons give me and my compa each a rose.
So just in case you're wondering the two worst things in the world that could happen to a missionary is to not be able to talk or not be able to walk and both happened to me and my companion this week. My companion took a bad step and sprained her ankle, not to bad but bad enough that she had to stay off of it for two days which was actually a welcome break because I had just started to lose my voice and so our nurse told us both to stay in the house so that my compa could rest her foot and me my voice and we were able to leave after not too much time and we didn't lose too much work which was good.
Fun fact of the week, Chilenos are super frank and not afraid to say things that in the states you would never say, for example at the activity on Saturday I had my hair down and an hna. told me "Oh you look more fat with your hair down" then the next day at church a bunch of people told me I looked better, and more skinny with my hair up. It's these kinds of things that make me laugh and fall a little bit more in love with Chile every day. I love you all and can't wait to get back out there and have another week in the most difficult, best thing I've ever done in my life.
Con mucho amor
Hna. Boully
HNA Nicia
So turns out that we are writing part of our time today and part tomorrow cuz our leaders are not sure if we will all have acess to computers tomorrow! Im so excited to go to the Temple tomorrow the members are saying that the Temple here finally got the new video that I saw back at home yay!!!
This last satureday I turned 9 months in the mission which is soo crazy it feels like time is going by fast Im looking around and realizing all the time I have had and the time I have left that I gotta make the most of it! Things are going good here in Progresso its getting hotter here and the members tell me that its going to get hotter these next two months so we will see not sure if its has hot has chile! This week has gone by really fast we have been working alot with this Hno that lives down from us he is super amazing he reads, actually reads the homework we give him and he keeps comeing to church and to the activities we have been seeing him almost everyday this week becuase he lives so close to our house so we always pass by when we go out in the morning he is always outside on his pourch there was one day we didnt pass by his street and he was very worried about us. Its been amazing teaching him tuesday we taught him the word of wisdom we where a little worried that this would be the down fall of our golden investigador cuz sometims its hard for those older folks to give up coffe but he agreed to only one cup a day and yesturday none at all. We have a baptism date for the 28 of Feb today he had his intervista and everything was fine! He is so excited about his baptism he is asking all these questions like do I need cloths can I invite people its so amazing! He is like a little kid but in a good way. We have been teaching him how to pray and for the frist time he prayed with us with out any help he was really nervous cuz he wanted to have all the words perfect it was such a amzing feeling hearing him pray! We are so excited for him!
We always have a actividad wesdays that all the members rc and ma and our investigadors go to and this last wesday we planned a Scripture game that I learned in my last area the idea of the game is that you look up the first scripture and its supose to lead you to somewhere in the church to find the next stichy note with the scripture like a scripture about temples and you gotta find a picture of temples. That was the Idea but didnt work out that way! It was a big goup of members lots of kids and youth when they heard our instructions they just wanted to find all the sticky notes for get the scriptures it turned into a crazy search game but it turned out good we taught a lesson about how we need to follow instructions and listen to all the rules to gain eternal live! It was lots of fun but kinda crazy me and my compe where both just laughing cuz we had planned so carefully the scriptures but nope!
It shows that sometimes you just gotta laugh when things dont go has you planned that maybe there is other things you need to do our need to learn. Like when all our sitas or appontments fall that we gotta look for those poeple the lord wants us to find or the leccións the lord wants us to teach!
I love the mission Im so happy to be here In Guatemala (the best mission in the world) Hope you all have a good week!
Hna Boully
No comments:
Post a Comment