Hola Familia! So nicia asked me this week how many companions I've had because it seems like I'm always changing companions. I'm on number 6 right now and my new companion Hna. Ribeiro is great! She's from the south of Brazil a town called Puerto Alegre and she's super fun and sweet and obedient and has a great desire to work! We've already had a really successful week and we're excited to do even more! What's even more interesting is that she arrived with me so we have the same time but we're both still learning Spanish because in Brazil they speak Portuguese so I'm also learning some words in Portuguese! She had her birthday this week and so we celebrated with french fries and cafe rio sauce :) it was fun. This week we've been contacting a lot and we found this amazing family of a dad and his sons that told us that their mom passed away and we had the opportunity to share a bit of the Plan of Salvation with them and it was so spiritual because after our prayer the older brother said he could feel the spirit and the dad said our church is different from all of the others that he's seen, it was really so incredible it reminded me of why I'm here in the mission. We found some other really great people too but the lesson I learned from these experiences is that you have to pass through the trials before you get rewarded, in life and here in the mission because for every person we found we had to contact 4 or 5 houses that did not accept us or were rude. It's hard during that part but siempre is worth it when we find people that are super prepared for our message!! I love waking up in the morning with a big grin on my face, super excited for what I get to do every day. The other day we had egg drop soup for lunch, it made me think of home because I know how much dad likes it. I will never cease to be amazed and humbled by the people here, there is a 78 year old convert that has bad vision, back problems and an ulcer but he still rides his bike to church (which is pretty far) every Sunday. There's also a 15 year old convert named Llina who is really struggling to be able to go to church and her circumstances are so so humble that it's really hard for her but we're trying to help her and hopefully we'll be able to get her back to church. I've reached this awesome point in my mission where I can pretty much understand everything that people say to me in EspaƱol, being able to say all that I want to is a different thing but I finally feel like I can listen and teach people according to their needs because I finally understand what they are saying!! It's been over three months that I've said more than one sentence in English which is really weird to think about but it sure is paying off for the learning bit!! In other fun news we had a couple thunderstorms this week which means winter is starting up here, it's still burning hot during the day but at night and in the mornings it's starting to be a bit colder. Random news we had a dog in the capilla this Sunday, the poor things slip in the door thinking they've found a nice place to sleep so during fast and testimony meeting a couple hnos. were trying to catch the dog while maintaining reverance it was pretty funny, even more so because the little guy was missing his front leg but managed to get around fine because they had a rough time catching him. This has been an incredible week and an incredible mission so far, I can't believe Nicia is already completing nine months in the mission and I have seven. It makes me sad to think of how fast the time passes because I'm loving every minute. Spiritual thought, I've been reading the Book of Mormon and finally got to the point where I can read without my english scriptures side by side and justo this week our miss. pres. gave us a challenge to start anew and read the BOM before april 30 which is a bit rough because I'm really into the story where I'm at right now but I know it is for a reason and I'm going to dedicate my time to doing it. Love you all so much!!
La Hermana Boully in Chile!!
Hna Nicia
Hola!
Time keeps going faster and faster. Feels like just the other day me and my came to this area and now we have one cambio here crazy!
This week we had the baptism of Hno Reyes which we were so happy for. I think I have told you all that we found him for contacting when I saw him I wasnt sure if he would accept us cuz most the time older folks are set in their ways but it shows you got to have faith with people and you cant tell who is ready just by looking at a person.
The baptism was held In Jutiapa which is ten min away in car from our area it was soo cool to see some of the members show up for the baptism cuz most everyone walk and take buses to travel so its harder to go to events but there where a hand full of people it was a great service and after in the night when we talked to this hno he was so happy he said he felt so happy and revelved. Sunday he was confirmed. It was almost exactly one month finding him teaching him and him getting baptised It was an a amazing expiericne to know there are those people really ready to except everything to follow and come has a little child. Some days this hno reminded me of a child cuz how he accepting he is and how he always did and read what we gave him. We gave him a hard back book of mormon and a marker and he was so excited we like to pass by and talk about what he reads!
Right now we are looking for new people to teach its al little hard trying to find new people when Hno Reyes was so piles but we are keeping our faith to look and find those other people ready for the goseple here in Progreso. Our President of the Rama is wanting us to help more with helping the spirit of the rama to help more people come to church we have an activity this sunday to go out together has a rama and look for and vist those families and help them come to church its really cool how the rama is involving us misionarias more but somtimes its a little hard but its always good to have a challange to stretch!
Im a little behind mandy in the comps I only have 5 and I have more time maybe cuz the President in Chilie wants all the sisters to know the famous Hna Mandy Boully in Chile.
I hope you all have a good week thanks for all the emails and love!
Hna Boully

No comments:
Post a Comment