Hola familia!!
Seriously I want to know ¿Como es tener una compañera mas que un mes? It's always a bit difficult at the beginning of a new companionship to learn how the other person works and communicates and all but always at the end of the cambio we've pretty much figured it out and we're at our best, teaching the best, laughing and having the most fun and jokes between us, and having figured out the quirks of our compas and then we get changed!! It rocks and it sucks at the same time. I'm not going to lie this was the cambio mas difficult for me to get used to my companion, not that we fought or that it was horrible or anything, but it cost us a lot to get to know one another and it was hard at first. But then something amazing happened, we talked, we figured it out, we clicked and this past week or so has been amazing!! We found the good, we figured out how to laugh things off that we had previously fought about and we shared more about one another and really got to know eachother and it was amazing! But Saturday we recieved the dreaded call and she is leaving for another sector and I'm going to stay here in Rengo with a new compa que se llama Hna. Ribeiro de Brazil. I'm so happy that we figured it out and we ended on a good note but gosh dang it now it sucks because we're both thinking about all the time we could have had and neither one of us wants to stop being companions and it's hard to think about getting a new companion and starting the whole process over again. I learned a very important lesson though and that is to love my new companion, good traits and bad, things I love and things that could potentially bug me todo. I'm going to try my best to love her in the best way I can, in the way that Jesucristo loves all of us. It was a hard lesson to learn but If I work hard, hopefully I'll only have to learn it once.
Moving on to the fun stuff I got to try fig for the first time, they're called higo aqui and I'd never tried one before so I didn't know what it was and it was weird at first but once you get used to them they're really good! I never really ate much fruit before but now I'm living on a diet of pure bananas grapes, peaches, plums, figs, apples, and cualquier otra typo. The people here work in packing factories, to package all of the fruit and send it off to the U.S. and other countries so they always joke that I should tell you guys the fruit you enjoy is thanks to them. We're also teaching a family that works in an almond field and so they're always giving us almonds and big ol bags of fruit which I'm ok with so long as it's not horse or rabbit or whatever. Today I also tried mate (pronounced mahtay) because here and in Argentina where my compa is from they drink it every day. It's basically a mug full of herbs that they add sugar and hot water and drink with a metal straw that has a filter at the bottom so you drink the water and not the herbs and it is actually really good! We also had a pretty great thunderstorm this week that reminded me of mexico because when we left the house it was raining buckets with thunder and lightning the whole deal so we had our big coats and boots and scarves and everything and an hour later the rain had stopped, the sun was out and we were dying of heat. We had a good laugh about that one.
We started teaching this amazing family that are so open to the gospel and read everything we give them and have questions when we come back and are searching for the truth I feel such a missionary rush whenever we teach them, everytime we enter their house I picture all of them dressed in white. If ever I'm having a hard time I only need to think about our lessons with them and it helps me remember why I'm here doing what i'm doing. If I can help just one person I will have had a successful mission. It's hard to have such a good week and get accustomed to the success we're having and have cambios but I have faith that everything happens for a reason and I'm excited to see what happens next. Love you all
Hna. Boully
![]() |
| A Taste of Rango |
Hna Nicia
Hola!!
Im told in March and APRIL is when it is really really hot here in Guate and this week its starting to get hotter some times its hard when its so hot that you dont wanna do anything the good thing about being hnas is that we have skirts that we can do a little bit of twiling and feel a little bit of a breeze but still its getting hotter here.
We have been working hard this week with the help of our Hna leaders and our district leader they are always encouraging us and helping us do better I am very grateful for them for working under the direction of President and thier own revelation. We have been working with the members this week we did divisiones where I went with one hna in the ward and my comp went with the other its really cool working this way cuz it helps us .... me be better when its mainy just me teaching and also really great for our datos this day we had a ton of leccions and we found two new families we hope to work with.
I love the people of Progreso especialy the members of this Rama not just cuz they give us food but that sure helps! the President is relatively young and has a young family he is really humble and is a great leader of this Rama. The members here are really dedicated to thier visits of the less active members and other members this last sunday we ran into all the Hnas of the Primary out visiting the members its really amazing. Maybe cuz there are few members here but it shows no matter how small the people they can still show thier faith. I see members that say their houses is to far to go to church but there are others who are farther but they come every sunday. There is one family that are Recent Converts that we started visiting they havent been to church in a while we visited them with a nother sister. The family said they needed new shoes to come to church and that it was to far for the sister to walk. So the sister in the ward found shoes for almost all the family and one member with a car offered to pick them up but they had to walk a short distance. Its pretty amazing for us missionaies when the members help this much but even with all this they still havent come to church always another excuse. But maybe one week they will but I its amazing the love in this Rama.
Here the Hnas in the Relief Socity work with the young womens with their medalens for Personal Progess There are some hnas that have two medalens. I loved young womens and I know it helps all hnas not just the young women that when we all work together it helps unify all of us. We are working with one Recent Convert with her Personal Progress and we are also doing some of the work in the booklet.
This next Saturday Im happy to say that we have the baptism of Hno Reyes he is the one we have been working with all this cambio. We have to go to Jutiapa to do the baptism but its not to far and the members promise to be there! This last week this Hno said that he felt ready the last saturday for his baptism but we are happy for this time to finish up teaching him. This week we were teaching him about the Plan of Salvacion. He always has amazing questions he understands so much cuz he asked about his grandma that had not joined any church when she lived and he asked where she was and we where happy to respond. We where both blown away by the question.
I hope you all have a good week keep working hard and look out for those people that maybe are less active give them love and help them and the missionaries!!!
Con Amor!
Hna BOully



No comments:
Post a Comment