Thursday, December 17, 2015

12/7/15

Hola familia! 
Ok let me start by saying that today I found and bought a pillow that has hugh jackman on it, I am very happy :P 
So this week has been kind of boring. Nothing really of note happened, the grass grew, my companion painted her nails, I got hit by a bus, we contacted a lot, not much right? :P So it is true I was hit by a bus BUT DO NOT FREAK OUT BECAUSE I AM FINE!!! I was in another sector in divisions and they have bikes and we were riding on the side of the street which is what you're supposed to do here when there isn't a bike path and as I'm riding I here this bus behind me and I thought to myself: "I sure hope this bus moves over so that it doesn't hit me. Seriously though please don't hit me I'm a missionary of Jesuschrist!"  Then the bus hit me. The good thing is that it wasn't going that fast so the actual hit didn't hurt but he booted me over the curb and into the dirt. The first thing I thought was "Ah! My garments are showing so I jumped up, with the help of a kind lady who asked me what I was doing in the dirt and I wanted to point at the bus and say it was his fault and I hadn't chosen to play in the dirt but I could only say I'm OK about a million times. The guy driving the bus felt bad but cleared out pretty fast when he saw I was ok. The worst I got was a bunch of bruises and a gashed up knee but since when has a bloody knee been a new thing for me :P We went to the house and cleaned up but unfortunately I had a bunch of rocks that were pretty good in there so we had to make a trip to the hospital so they could clean them out. The mission nurses husband thought he was pretty funny by saying that I had asked for a smoothie but got rocky road instead :P I'm seriously counting my blessings though, for having been in an accident like that i know that it could have been a lot worse so I'll take a busted knee any day. As long as I can still walk talk and share the gospel I'm good! 
The other adventure is that we went to an old house in the country and there was this black demon dog who almost bit us but we managed to give a folleto to the owner before running for our lives!
So on to the more positive news, we had a Noche de Hogar this week and I tried to make chocolate chip cookies with a recipe that they had looked up on the internet, the recipe said we had to leave the dough in the fridge over night but I thought we would be fine without that little detail and what we ended up eating were cookie tortillas but they were still good!!
I love seeing people honestly looking for the truth! We have an investigator that has a lot of doubts about getting baptized and leaving behind her catholic decisions but when we read the story of Jesus's baptism in the bible she was really surprised and at the end of the lesson she asked the lord for help to find the truth! We hope to see her progress!
We have also been teaching a return missionary who's had a really hard time with his family since he got home from his mission and that made him depressed because he thought he would see a lot of blessings for having served the lord for two years. It made me realize that we will always have trials but what the mission gives us is the ability to superarlas. I'm so grateful to be here in the missionary, everytime I open up the scriptures I'm amazed at how much information and help is in them and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to learn and apply them!
Also we were talking that when the Lord says he will protect the righteous in the last days it doesn't necessarily mean that he will surround us with a protective bubble. It means he is going to teach us what we need to do to be prepared like store water and food, have 72 hour kits etc. and the righteous ones will do those things and be protected when things aren't so great. Food for thought :)
I love you all ahve a great week!


*******WARNING Some of these pictures are a little graphic.*******






No comments:

Post a Comment