Thursday, December 17, 2015

11/16/15

HOla Familia!
So I didn't think I'd feel it so much, when Nicia went home but the thing
is that I had developed this habit of thinking of her while walking in the
caille, teaching a lesson, or during meetings, wondering if she was doing
the same thing at the same time! When Christmas comes my priority number
one is talk to Nicia in Spanish I hope you all know! So now that I'm the
only Boully in the mission right now I've gotta pick up the pace! My compi
and I hit the ground running this change because si or si we want to have a
baptism together! This week has been another week of miracles! We have this
one Hermano named Fransisco who really wants to get baptized and we've been
teaching him a lot with the help of really awesome members and he's
progressing a lot! We also have some really cute young girls who are
inactive that want to come back and came to church! Another miracle this
week is that we found this really amazing hermano that's this humble
gardener that wants to make more time for God in his life so we passed for
his house and he was outside working but when he saw us he threw down his
tools and told us to follow him because he was going to buy us a coke
because it was hot outside. We were a bit thrown but thought ok and so we
went to a Tienda and sat down outside next to a bunch of slot machines with
this two liter coke, glasses, and some stools to sit on, we taught him
about the restoration and ended up putting a fecha with him!! He was so
happy and wanted to serve us so much that he basically made us drink the
whole bottle of coke and then later when we said goodbye to him we had to
run to a member's house to use their bathroom! It was so funny ! WE've been
praying so hard to find prepared people and we've had a lot of success too!
It seems that almost every house we knock on we find someone really
prepared to hear the gospel IT'S GREAT! We have the ocasional bummer person
that walks out, sees us and then runs back inside but we just laugh it off
and say NEXT! The mision work is not easy but if you have the spirit with
you we see miracles, for example in a lesson they gave us a big glass of
pepsi and there was nowhere to put it down and i didn't want to put it on
the floor because there was a little girl playing so i was worried she
would spill it, so I ended up just downing the drink to be able to start
the lesson but then during the lesson I had a lot of burps that wanted to
come out!! My companion was laughing at me and I was worried I'd ruined the
lesson but then at the end the investigator said she had felt a feeling
inside, that was really good and different from what she had ever felt
before! Just goes to show that the spirit helps us out when we imperfect
missionaries are struggling a bit!! I forgot to mention that my mision
pres. went home to Utah for two weeks for a surgery, he's alright and is
coming back this week but now I can say I had a mis pres. for two weeks!
His name is Pres. Wilhelm and he is super Bakan! He's chileno and he
surprised us by showing up at our zone meeting and he walked up to me and
asked if I was the coordinadora and when I said yes he had a lot of
questions about my investigators and how I was making my sector an example
for the hnas. I'm just glad we've worked really hard so that I had
something to say! He gave us all some really amazing advice, chastised a
bit but with a lot of love! He reminded me of Dad, telling us he knows we
can do better than what we are doing. His wife was super cute too! but I'm
happy to have the Warnes back.
This week I had a bit of a down moment, wondering if I'm doing enough and
kind of disappionted that I haven't had more success but we should always
pray and read the scriptures in those moments because when I did and opened
my scriptures they opened right up to a scripture that felt like it was
written for me! Alma 17 : 10-12 It's worth a read when you're down in the
dumps!
I'm so happy to still ahve time to work my butt off in this awesome cause!
Que tengan una semana muy buena!
Hna. Boully







No comments:

Post a Comment