Hey family and friends!
So every week I'm more and more grateful to be in the mission and every week I'm more and more grateful to have the gospel in my life! Seriously there's no better way to realize how lost the people without the evangelio are until you actually start talking to them about the gospel of jesus christ. This week we were contacting a lot of people of other faiths and the poor things they really are trying to follow Jesus Christ and they're trying but they just don't have the guidance of the holy ghost and they aren't listening to the living prophet so their beliefs end up muddled and all over the place. And sometimes it frustrates me so much when they just wont listen to us and the plain and precious truths we are sharing! Don't they understand that we can help them better the faith that they already have!! Well that's we're trying to get better at explaining anyways.
So this week we learned that it is way easier to just tell the truth right off the bat. We have this investigator that wants to get baptized so badly that he lied to us and told us that he was married (he's not married) so that he could get baptized. So we taught him the law of chastity, and he lied again! So we asked his wife in front of him and she says no, we are not married and fransisco kept going with it! Poor thing jsut wants to get baptized so badly! So the next time we went and visited him we were like ok, we know you're not married but instead of denying it lets see what we can do to fix it. And now he's going to start all the paperwork to get married to his girlfriend of 26 years. Sometimes I wonder what they're waiting for! just get married already!!
It's so fun going on divisions with the hnas. and I get to work with a lot of great misionaries and we always see miracles! This week I was with my old companion Hna. Darley and we went to see Camila a young mom we've been visiting a bunch lately and she started to cry in the lesson and told us that she and her husband had been having problems before but now things have smoothed over and she said that she knows that it's because we've been visiting her! It was a really cool moment. Then we were walking and we passed a guy that was smoking a homerolled cigarrette on a wall, then we passed him again and I felt the spirit so strong telling me to talk to him so I stopped and asked him what he was doing. He's like what does it look like I'm doing, I'm smoking. So I asked him why he was smoking if that will kill his body. Then he told us that he wanted to be able to quit smoking and he has a lot of faith in God but never really went to church so he started going to a bunch of churches looking for the Lord's help to quit his addiction and when he saw us pass he wanted to call out to us because he recognized us as messengers of god. He said he wanted to start from zero, and have a brand new start. I asked if he would like to know how to do it, then explained baptism to him and he responded: "what do I have to do to be able to be baptized, tell me and I'll do it" !!!!!! I don't know if I've ever felt the spirit so strong in my mission!! Imagine, we walk by so many people that may be smoking, drinking, or have tattoos or piercings but we never know what the spirit could make out of them if they have the chance to accept it. We don't know what's going on politically or the current events in the world right now but we get that a lot of unfortunate things have been happening lately but I like a quote that a church leader said: "every problem, every calamity in the world could be resolved with the gospel of jesus christ if it was given the opportunity" I know that's true, I've seen it change lives here in the mission and I know that the gospel is the best thing I have in my life and I'm so glad to have it. It motivates me when the going gets tough and there's a lot of opposition. But we know what team will win! Even if tthe game gets knarly we know whose is the winning side! We just have to keep fighting for our team! I love you all so much, I love this gospel so much! Thankks for the examples you all are to me!
Cuidense mucho!
Hermana Boully
No comments:
Post a Comment