Hola familia y amigos!
So it's always a bit weird to think back on when I started the mission and how far I've come spiritually, as far as the language goes etc. But what's even weirder is physically returning to the same place where I started my mission!!! I'm living in the same house, same room, with the same view, seeing the same people all over again but now I am a very different person!! It is not the exact same because I'm working in the other half of La Florida so I'm not with the exact same people that I taught last time but I know all of the members and such here! Yesterday was so crazy going to church with all the people that I had gotten attached to 5 months ago, when I said goodbye the first time I was pretty sure I wasn't going to see any of them for a very long time. They had me "present myself" but said I was really just reminding people who I am, why I look familiar and sharing my testimony about what I've been up to since being in their ward. It's also pretty funny because I am literally walking in the steps of my first compa Hna. Hobbs because she was in Talca, went to Graneros and then came back to Talca! The bishop says this ward is special because the missionaries come back to visit. It was soo great to see everyone again and I shed a couple tears to see some of the families here again.
So my new companion is Hna. Darley from California so not only am I with a Gringa again but we also live with two other gringas, one from Wyoming and one from Utah so it's been interesting to be able to speak Enlgish in the house again. The Hna. from Utah Hna. Chapman actually played basketball with Nicole Shaw so that was a cool, small world moment. There are some definite upsides to living with gringas because everyone in our house understands the confusion of having winter in June and how we feel like Christmas should be coming up because it is super cold outside. So as a house we have decided to have our own little Christmas in June to match with the weather. We made a tree, we're singing carols, we have a count down chain to June 25, we're going to make cookies and pie and give little gifts and everything! I thought I was lucky to have 2 Christmases in the mission but turns out I'm going to have 3!! I'm super excited!
The work is going along good, I'm actually in a white wash right now because I don't know this half of the sector and my companion only has a couple more days here than I do so it's been fun to go on adventures and find new people to teach! We actually found two new really great people to teach because we really had to go to the bathroom and were really far from our house! So while I'm in the bathroom my compa starts talking to the person and they open up and invite us to stay for a minute because it's cold outside and we end up sharing something with them!! It's so funny but also really cool! Pres. challenged us to look for new ways to contact and I'm not sure this was what he had in mind but it works! One day when they are members and future missionaries ask them how they came to hear about the gospel they'll have a fun story to tell about the poor Hna. dancing on their porch in desperate need of a bathroom. White washes are fun and I feel like I'm going to grow a lot spiritually this change, spiritually and also physically because Hna. Darley is super sweet and loves to bake things to show her love so every day this week after we get home she has baked a different treat: pancakes, funnel cake, cheesecake, cookies! It's so delicious! But so bad! :P But this week we have a meta to eat healthier, starting after today because we have plans to make and eat nachos :P
Well that was basically my week, hope everyone over there is great and healthy and all that! I love you all and am praying every day for you guys!!
The church is true, the book is blue and Moroni's always on the ball!!
Hna. Mandy Boully
P.S. Fun facts about Chile this week: They do not bury their dead! They put them in a coffin but then put the coffin in a stone box on top of the ground and if they want to put more than one on the same space it's like a little tower. I thought it was interesting and it makes their cemetaries look really cool. AND In the winter the houses fill up with lady bugs because it's cold out
I ALMOST FORGOT!
I figured out why I fall all the time!!! Are you ready for this! (drumroll) I have never paid that much attention to the sidewalks here because they look pretty normal most of the time and PLUS we are always looking up, looking for houses, trying to make eye contact with people to say hi to them or strike up a conversation, or (if you're me) looking up at the gorgeous Chilean sky. But the thing is even though the sidewalk looks fine to the casual eye it's actually horrible!! YOu'll be going along fine and then all of a sudden there's some random lip in the sidewalk that, if you're not looking like Hna. Boully, is a total tripping hazard!! I've gotten a lot better though, I haven't fallen in a long time I just stumble really bad and stub my toes all the time on the awful chilean sidewalk. I'm serious next week I will have pictures as proof.
Hna Nicia
Hola Familia!!
Im with Jan feels like time is going by so fast here this last week flew by!! It was a good week a week of a little stress and milagros!
Where Im at there isnt a Stake because its all Ramas here so its a District there is about 5 Ramas and this last sunday was the Conferencia of the District. We learned when its a District we are under the direction of the President of the mission sooo our President its kinda cool but also stressful to know that your President is going to be coming to our misssion coming to your church meeting!!! But it was amazing a great meeting and great to see all the missionaries and all the members!! Most had to come in bus cuz its really far!! The bonos part after the meeting Hna Caffaro gave all us missionairies Rice Crispy treats which I havent had since no se when! It was funny to see the latinas eat the treats cuz they have never seen this treats my cute comp loved them maybe cuz she was hungry!
The meeting was great Pres Caffaro talked alot about how has members we need we help the .... Missionairies!! So I invite everyone to look for ways to help in the work I know its hard when we are all busy wiht our lives but we can recive lots of blessings in the work of the Lord. In this meeting we heard about Elder Tom Perry It was really hard to hear this news for us it felt our of the blue I didnt know he was sick but we know he is in a better place!
This week we saw some Milagros. This week we visited Two families that hadnt been coming to chruch but we where able to find these families from the members!! But week met with both this families and reminded them about how we need to go to church and we found that not all of their families where members so are starting to teach them!! But the Great part is both families came to church yay!!!! And the son of one of the families promised to come to church the next week!!
Its great being here in the mission I love my area and the members even when there are days when its soo hot and we have to walk up a big old hill to start our day almost everyday but we always have to look for the good and make the best of it! Me and my comp when we start walking up the hill 1...2..3 and run the rest of the way up makes the hill shorter but we are always breathing hard at the top its we have to look funny two sisters running up these hills in our skirts and book bags but its fun! A nother thing we started doing is to make contacting more fun is give each other random words to contact with like Socks or kisses or Bannanos its made Contacting Interesting!! I know that we gotta keep up the good animo!!
Thanks for all the resport from home!
The other day I finally got my package I found out it got here pretty fast but had been sitting in the office for about a month oh the fun of being out side the cap! I also started doing excerices in the moring but my comp like to watch and laugh its fun! I also got to share my sweets with lots of kids that we were working with they where so excited to eat candy form United States and lots more fun when I tought them how to put lip stick on with the Robin Eggs!!
Love you all
Hna Boully!
No comments:
Post a Comment