From what I hear it is hot in Utah but sometimes I think it is hotter here! We are supose to be in the time where it rains but it hasnt rainied for like 2 weeks its good cuz somtimes its hard to work in the rain but also when it rains its cooler!! But the good news is today we have planed to have water balloon war which will be so nice!!
It seems always we are going to see a little bit of crazy in the mission but keeps things interesting! We got to do divisions this week which is always fun but had to stay in the area of the hnas again another talko night! I didnt mind its lots of fun to return back to my old area to see the members and work with the hnas! One of the Hnas is from St. Goerge Utah it has been a while since I have taught with a nother Greenga it was kinda funny and also she is super tall but super pretty it was funny to see my comp with here cuz she is short with me and really short with her!
We learned alot from the Hnas Speicaly how to get Refurals from people with out them knowing cuz somtimes we ask hey is there any one we can teach that needs the Gosseple somtimes this works but somtimes no what we started doing was asking what is the name of the hna that lives next to you or what is the name of this hna that is this tall and had kids we have recieved lots of refurals with this becuase when we knock doors and we know the names of the people they are more accepting to let us in and hear our message we saw some milargos this week! We are also going to have a baptism this saturday yay!!!! She is the daughter of one recent Convert and she has came to church with her mom every sunday so she knows all that we have to teach but sometimes we have to help her focuz to listen to the leccion! But we are super excited for her! We also have a fetch placed with a nother Hno that is also the son of members he is also piles he has been coming to church and really wants to learn!
We also are working with a hna that wants to be baptised but her esposo needs to get divorced first but we where able to talk to the Husband and he wants to work to help his wife be baptised yay!!!
Im so grateful for the members here in Cuilapa they are so great they look out for us Hnas I also know that Our Heavenly Father looks out for us we are always protected when we do what is right! So we always have to be obidient!!
Somtimes its hard to see when people are making bad choices and others have to suffer but we always have to do what is right and pray all the time!!!
I love you all so much Have a good week and a good fourth of July!!
Hna Boully!
Hna Mandy
Hola Familia!
So it's another cambio week and once again it was super dramatic and stress ful!! This cambio has been incredible with Hna. Chapman, Cook and Darley, it's been so great actually that we were all kind of sitting there wondering what was going to go wrong because it felt too good to be true. We all kind of suspected that at least one of us would get changed but I was hoping that I would finally have a companion for more than one cambio. Sadly I was mistaken.My compi Hna. Darley is going to Santa Cruz and I am actually going to train someone this change! I was actually kind of lamenting the other day that a lot of the Hnas. from my group have trained already and that I hadn't but now I'm kind of eating my words because I'm a little nervous and worried about training and being the first companion of someone. Also I will be the Hna. with the most time in my ward so I definitely feel the pressure. BUT I know everything will be ok and that everything that happens in the mission is for our good and that with the help of the lord this is going to be a really amazing change! I'm really nervous but really excited too!
So on to the other events of the week, this week feels like the week of spiders because we kept finding spiders everywhere, and not little ones but really huge ones! In our house, in our bags, in the street etc. There is a type of spider that builds a tube shaped nest in cracks of bricks and if you take a little stick and run it along the outside rim the spider will jump out to grab it and this week we found a tube that was bigger than the width of my thumb and we thought what little spider built a tube so big? so we decided to find out and we poked it a little bit and all of a sudden this spider SO big that it has to squeeze out of the hole comes crawling out with these huge leathery legs and it freaked us out so much that we through the stick, jumped up and down and screamed for a minute and then ran across the street for safety. I'm sure we were quite the sight for the casual bypasser. Then being the intelligent beings we are, we were not satisfied by that solo encounter and we thought that maybe we had just imagined, or over exagerrated how big it actually was so we went back and tried again, and the process repeated over again with the exception that my companion pulled a move straight out of Hobbit and stabbed the nest with the stick before running and screaming like a girl. It was fun :) but I still feel the heebie jeebies thinking about it. So this time of year no one cuts their dog's hair so you see all these dogs on the streets with dreadlocks hanging by their ears and off their legs which is kind of gross but funny looking. Also there is now squishy green moss covering almost everything which kind of mysterious and cool so I like it. Also I keep forgetting to write about it but everyone down here is like obsessed with Little House on the Prairie so we got into a house one time but the people didn't want to pay attention to us because they were watching little house on the prairie so we didn't know what to do so because we had asked if they wanted to turn off the TV and they said no, so we kind of just waited and then when it was finally done we were going to try and start a lesson but that's when they said they were busy now and needed us to leave so they could start making lunch and stuff, determined to leave them with something I asked if we could leave a blessing with them and was about to start talking when the man takes over and starts praying according to his religion and I was like Seriously! Ah adventures of the mish. We did have a couple cool lessons though, on divisions where we found a new investigator that told us he wants to change his life around and wants to be clean from his past mistakes and so we were really excited and I was getting ready to invite him to be baptized when dumb satan got in the way and his sister got home and we lost the moment and weren't able to get it back so we have plans to invite him next time no mas. I guess it just wasn't his time. And then we were teaching a recent convert we have here who is 19 and the only member in her family and her 8 year old little sister surprised us all by saying that now she wants to be baptized because she sees how it makes her sister happy. I asked her if she believes the church is true and she said yes because she feels happier in the church than in her own home. Sometimes we meet people in such humble, complicated situations it breaks your heart a little bit but at least we're here to bring them the light so we know that what we have for them will help them. We had stake conference again this semana so that will be three that I have had, one for each sector and it was really great to hear the talks of our leaders and the main focus was on the Sabbath Day and how we are not doing good enough of a job making it holy and it just reminds me of everyone who gets upset when the answers are always Pray, Study the Scriptures, and Go to Church, those are still the answers because we STILL haven't gotten them down yet. Everyone knows that they should do them but it's putting it into action where we struggle.
Well I love you all so much and I would like to encourage you all to keep doing your best at those three things, Pray, read, and go to church because in these days when it's even harder to maintain our standards and sometimes it feels like the world is going crazy you need a strong foundation more than ever.
Con mucho cariƱo!!
Hermana Boully
No comments:
Post a Comment