Sunday, July 5, 2015

6/22/2015

Hna Mandy

Hola Familia! 
So unfortunately as a missionary our time is kind of broken down into 6 week intervals because of transfers so when we start that 6th week and our agendas are almost full it feels like the end of an era. Especially for me seeing as I've only ever had a companion for 6 weeks. I'm hoping that changes this week though because Hna. Darley is seriously awesome! We'll find out this Saturday though. Anyhoo last monday was super fun because we went and played futbol with all of the Elders and we had our own little Cupa America for the Cup that's going on right now. Then later that night we had to enter the house early again so we made and ate Nachos. This week we got to teach our Gringa investigator which was so awesome but so weird at the same time. We weren't able to find an English BOM at the moment so we were reading the Spanish one with her and then explaining what it meant. Luckily we found an English one for her but it was an interesting lesson! She's soo great! The only challenge with her is that she is very used to drinking wine and beer and stuff and so when we asked if she would be baptized she said she would like to but she also doesn't want to give up drinking. She said "I love you Jesus but I love my wine too" Which I thought was funny. We'll help her though to have spiritual experiences and learn the blessings to not drinking. So I explained Sopaipillas last week and this week I learned how to make them with an Hna. from our ward. She kind of just handed me the dough and told me to start doing it so I just start Kneading this thing hoping I'm doing it right and the Hna. tells me I need to make the dough fart which was her way of saying to get the bubbles out. I think I snorted out a lung laughing because I couldn't believe this little grandma had said that. Then we ate them with honey and it was soo good!! We got to go on divisions this week and I went out with the Hna. that is friends with Nicole Shaw (how is she by the way?) and we had a ton of fun, we found a new guy to teach and his dog had just had puppies so we sat for awhile playing with these little week old puppies that were sooo cute!! and then we had a totally awesome lesson with him and his mom. So I don't know if you guys remember the part in the movie Up at the beginning where the narrator talks as he jumps over like a rock and a crack in the sidewalk and then runs into the tree stump and the narrator says "Goes around Mt. Everest!" but that's kind of my quote of the mission right now because I'm always stumbling or running into things. :P So I'm kind of all over the place in this email but I want to share a couple of funny things about Chilean Logic, it can be humorous sometimes. It's not good to go out into the cold air after being in a warm house so if you need to go out you have to turn off the wood burner and wait till your house gets cold and then go out, it's bad for your teeth to put cold water into your hot beverage to cool it down, you can NEVER eat desert like brownies or cookies warm, and don't even think of putting it together with something cold like Icecream. I guess Chileans in general don't like to mix the extremes like hot and cold together, It amuses me and so I play along to keep them happy :P This week we got to have 2 family Home Evenings with the family Dominguez, recent converts that are starting to head towards the Menos Activo path so we're focusing on them a lot. The first one we were the guests because their 8 year old son had a goal to accomplish in his Faith In God so he shared a cute little message and we played fun games and ate completos. The second one we watched a church movie and helped the hna. resolve some of her doubts about the church. I shared the story Dad once told me about the people who study like 100 bills and how they have to study the pure, real bill because if they start studying the errors in a false bill they'll start to see the same errors in a real bill. They really liked it! I love that example whenever people talk about reading anti mormon stuff to know the arguments others are using etc. 
So this week and throughout my whole mission I have gained a newer appreciation for the Book of Mormon and specific doctrine that it teaches. For instance whenever someone says that we're all on different paths that all lead to the same place with God, I think of every time in the book of Mormon it talks about the straight and narrow path. This week I have a greater appreciation for whenever it mentions that plain and precious truths will be taken out of the Bible and that's why the bom is necessary. The older guy Willy that we met last week had a ? about the bom so I shared John 21:25 which talks about that if all the acts of Christ were written down the books would fill the earth and then I left him with the reference so that he could go look it up. We went to visit him this week and he came out all up at arms and ready to fight saying we were liars and of the devil and what not because the reference didn't yield anything. He showed us his Bible and turns out that the entire verse had been excluded from his version!! I was so ticked! Satan is so dumb. We exchanged words where he codemned our message and I continued to support it and calmly ask him questions to which he didn't have an answer so all final he got madder and madder, mainly because we were still calmly and firmly maintaining our stance and we just invited him to read and pray about the book of mormon to test our message for himself and said Chao no mas. It could have been really frustrating but more than anything it was just really sad to see a  child of god, so stubborn and so blinded. I hope he reads the BOM I really do. The day wasn't a total waste though, we got to teach a young girl who is a member but not coming to church. She always says that one day she'll come back to church but never says when and wont pray and read to help her make that choice. We helped her to know that every day she doesn't pray or read she doesn't just stay in the same place she was when she stopped going to church, actually every day not doing those things is another step away from Heavenly Father. We also have some really awesome new investigators that we hope to make progress with!! Just know that frustrating moments to happen in the mission but the don't hurt or harm us, they just make us stronger, strenthen our testimonies and our faith that this really is the one true Church of Jesus Christ on the earth and every day I'm more proud to be a missionary bringing that message to others. Love you all so much!
Hermana Boully

Hna Nicia

Hola y Salud de todo!!
Seems like always there is alittle crazyness but everything words out for the good! This week we got to have an actividad with all the Hna Missionaris out side of the capital We all know the hnas are special!! We had a great meeting to help us be better after we had a game that was to help us work together better with our comp the Hna Liders Tied us together with our comps and did a one leged opstical course jumping over strings together bobing for water balloons and trying to get the candys in the middle of flour ewww! But it was lots of fun I cant wait to show you all the videos it was lots of fun and funny. The thing about out side the cap we are all kinda far away to get to the area of the Hna Liders is an hour from our area and there are other Hnas that is 2 hours and we all didnt know that the last buses to our areas left at 5 in the night and the activity ended at 6 in the night ooops! So we had to return to the area of the Hna Liders that happened to be my old area so we went out looking for my converts and those hnos that I used to visit it was fun working with four of missionairs we all contacted taught lessons in less then 2 hours! The hard part was Six hnas in one house wow lots we ended up sleeping on the floor and waking up early but it was lots of fun! This week felt very crazy cuz we had two actividads we where in charge of cuz the members know that the hnas give great lessons! But it was a great week we where able to place a fetcha with the son of two members and he came to church this last week and all the actividads yay!!!! 
We are also are seeing milagros with one of our Recent Converso he has had problems with drinking almost everyday we found him in the street but this last week he hasnt drinking and he came to church yay!!! We hope to work harder this next week to see more Milagros cuz we know we cant do anything with out the help of our Heavenly father!
Love you all have a good week!
Hna Boully!!

Ps Ill send pics next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment