Thursday, May 28, 2015

4/27

Hna Nicia

Hola!!
Its always fun entering a new area to explore somtimes get lost, walk a lot and meet a lot of new people! Everyone sees us the new Hnas but we dont always know all the members so somtimes people pass saying hola Hnas and we are wait are you a member! This week we had some help from the members to get to know different parts of our area the other day we got to go to those Esclavos and see a cool Mayen Bridge really cool it was fun to walk across and think of maybe the descendents of Nefi made this bridge!
Here in Culiapa we share the area with other Elders and we have the easy part of the area all of our area is up hill! But its supper pretty the other day we where exploring_contacting- looking for people to teach we got to see some pretty views here its really cool! Its been an adventure trying to find those members and the investigadors in this new area but we are working hard to find them! Here its super hot we are always in front of the Fan in our house when we sleep and study sometimes the flor is more comfortable then our beds! One day me and my comp were both sick in the stomach we ended up taking a nap on the floor but after we felt better! 
I love my comp Hna Bonilla she loves to contact which is good the other day she had a fun contact with a Evangelica started talking about only the bible is the word of god and she came right back with scriptures in the Bible about the Bom! I feel that she won! Funny story where we live there is another apartment next to ours but no one lives there just us or so we thought the other day found mouse poop outside the door of this apartment so we have a Family of mice that we are going to convert to the gospel! The other night my comp was next to the door and I told her I saw a mouse she came running back to our room I was joking but it was really funny! 
The work is going good we are mostly working with the most recent convert of the hnas this hno has problems with drinking but we are working to set goals with him and help him be better! We also found this other family when we like the other hna boully gave service but thankfully it was just carring bags to their house!! But we hope to keep working with them! 
I love you all hope you have a good week!
Hna Boully!

Hna Mandy

GUESS WHAT!!!! This past Wednesday we were in the Mission Office and a brand new Matrimonio had arrived and when I presented myself the Elder said that I needed to come with him upstairs and meet his wife because she had something for me. We went upstairs and this cute little Hna. gives me the biggest hug and says it's from my Grandma and Grandpa Barrus!! They had sat next to each other in the MTC and got to talking and when they said they were going to Rancagua Chile Grandma and Granpa Barrus told them to say hi to me and give me a big hug!!! What are the odds! It was such a cool thing to hear and I've been waiting all week to tell you guys!!

Second Message

Hola familia!!
So as a mission we're reading the Book of mormon cover to cover and a couple of weeks ago I read a story that I've never really noticed before but I really liked, when the sons of Mosiah leave to teach the lamanites and King Mosiah is pretty worried but the Lord tells him that he's going to protect his sons and not to worry later Ammon is fighting the Lamanites and they literally cannot hurt him because the lord had promised that he would protect them. The lesson: the prayers of concerned parents are super powerful and they really work!! Here in Chile all sorts of craziness is going on, floods in the north, volcano erruptions in the south but here in the middle we're just hunky dory! :P And Hno. tried to tell us the dirt on his car was ash from the Volcano and we didn't believe him but it's pretty crazy because even though the volcano errupted muy lejos from us the smoke got all the way to our town and then to Santiago. We heard there was a pretty big earthquake in India and a historical site or something fell so we were pretty sad to hear about that but it's cool because also in the BOM it talks about how the Lord send natural disasters and catastrophies  sometimes to remind the people to humble themselves and come unto Christ and it's true because sometimes people let us into their houses just to ask us why we think so much bad stuff is happening in the world right now. 
So a few quick funny things to start off, cultural differences (I don't know if I'll ever stop discovering more differences between Chile and the States): When you sweep the floor it is only logical to drag the broom, pulling it to one side or the other but here in Chile I have no idea why but everyone sweeps by pushing the broom in front of them! It's so weird! Speaking of weird, every single one of my latina companions has thought that it is super gross that I eat cereal with milk! One might ask how else do you eat it? With yogurt apparently but I still haven't come to accept the concept of Chocolate flavored cereal with strawberry yogurt. EEw!! We met a new family of menos activos and I walked into their house and came face to face with Cache's long lost twin. Seriously they could be the same person it really weirded me out. On thursday we saw this drunk homeless guy in the street drinking wine out of a box and playing a song on a recorder so we got a good laugh from that, then we passed him again and someone had taken his recorder so he was singing this time, then later we were in a different part of town and we saw him again, and then again in another neighborhood and so it went and we seriously saw this guy like ten different times!!! We're pretty sure it's coincidence because Graneros is a small town and he's not following us but speaking of following us, I don't know why but every stray dog we come accross wants to follow us!! First we tried walking really fast, running sometimes to lose the dogs, or hiding from them. They don't do anything but just follow us and drive every other stray dog crazy that we see or walk in front of us and all of a sudden stop so we run into them. My companion says it's my fault because I'm always talking about how I want to adopt all of the poor dogs in the street and give them a warm place to sleep and she says that the dogs know or can sense that so they follow us all the time! :P And again, speaking of which there is a rule that we can't have pets in the house and we unintentionally broke that rule this week :P There is an adorable cat that lives next door that is always waiting to say hi to us when we get home but the other night he wasn't waiting by our gate and we thought how weird, and we opened the door and there he was! Sleeping on our couch!! Turns out my companion had left a window open and even though there are bars on the window the cat found it's way in and had made itself at home on our couch!! It was so funny and I only regret that I didn't get a picture of it!!! I learned a new word this week Yuyina which means clutz and that is what I am here in the mission, seriously it's bad. I'm always dropping things, and tripping over things or running into doors. I wasn't like this before!!! What happened!! So this week we had a lesson to help a Menos Activo named Gino read the Book of mormon so we watched The Testaments with them but we had to come from an activity where we were in jeans and there wasn't enough time to change so we taught a lesson in jeans and it was super uncomfortable and weird, not the lesson part it's just that I never thought I would be more comfortable in a skirt than in jeans... Cool spiritual thing of the week!!!: We taught a family of menos activos in that have been sealed in the temple and were super faithful in the church and now are super afuera and have problems with the Word of Wisdom and what not but we decided to have a lesson and focus on their kids because they have three ages ten and under and we taught about when Nefi broke his bow and he had the faith to act but still went to his dad Lehi for help and asked what he should do and Lehi had to humble himselve and ask the Lord and that's how the chain works in the family, the kids should have been taught how to act in faith but still look for the guidance of their parents and the parents look for the guidance of the Lord. Our bishop was there and he shared something super cool when he said that's what happened with Jose Smith also, first he went to his parents for help and his parents helped him understand what he should do to recieve answers. The lesson was so spiritual I felt like the room was glowing and thenn it was all made worth it when the whole family came to church the next day after two years of not coming!!! The mission is so dang awesome.
Love you all so much!!
Hna. Boully

No comments:

Post a Comment