Sunday, February 8, 2015

1/26

Hna Mandy

Hola Familia!
Fun fact about Rengo: It's gorgeous!! We're surrounded by mountains, orchards, fields, and a bunch of other cool stuff that I wish I had a GoPro camera on my head that I could send back to you guys so that you can see all of the cool stuff I'm seeing!! So I'm learning how to love things that I didn't like so much before, like walking a lot (that's a given), skirts (obvio) and mustard. I'm going to have to bring some of this mustard back to the states with me because I'm not kidding it's different and absolutely delicious!! I'm also learning not to like certain things here in Rengo. Before I loved peaches and in La Florida it's one of the things I bought and ate the most for breakfast so at first Rengo was really awesome because they grow a lot of peaches so there's plenty to go around but then I discovered the awesome giving spirit of the people here, people who have jardins full of peaches. We leave pretty much every house with not just a piece of fruit each but a bag full of fruit and there is absolutely no way to say no!! Aun cuando nuestro fridge is jam packed with fruit from the day before! Yesterday we went and visited this awesome abuelito couple and the abuelo came out with a bowl full of about seven duraznos that were bigger than my fist, two plates, and two knives. As is custom we each served ourselves a durazno but after we were done he insisted we serve ourselves another, and another, and so it went until we were basically forced to eat every single durazno. Right after we had just come from lunch the biggest meal of the day here. No matter what we said, that we were full and didn't have enough room, etc. he insisted that we eat and said he would be offended if we did not eat. He basically commanded us to eat every single one and we had no choice but to obey. Afterwards when we asked why he didn't eat with us he said he was still full from lunch. :P Speaking of food y'all gonna think I'm crazy but here in Chile I tried one of the best deserts EVER and it's so simple but so crazy good and you have to try it in the summer! It's watermelon with bread. But the bread here is amazing so there the equivalent is like French Bread or something. Take a bite of watermelon and then a bite of bread and it's like heaven in your mouth. Sounds crazy but it's delicious!!! Another thing I've had to get used to is cold showers like the other Hna. Boully. Her advice to take a deep breath and jump in helped but i'm still getting used to it. We have a new system that we started using this year to report stats and count lessons which was a bit hard at first but now we're seeing the results and actually have two investigators that are really  progressing and are finding all sorts of new investigators that are super prepared! It's so exciting to see people progress or share for the first time with someone the plan to happiness and watch it affect their lives. It's hard, a lot of the time but so so worth it. It's a bit crazy that even though I only have five months in the mission and my companion four I'm having to guide a lot of the lessons because she hasn't had as much experience and also she is a convert to the church as of two years and so there are still some things that she is learning but she has this amazing drive to learn so we're both growing together. The people here are so humble and have so many needs temporily and spiritually, I'm learning to appreciate what I had growing up. I'm learning to appreciate the blessings of the gospel in the family and exactly how living the principles of the gospel help us to have happy, well rounded, sure families in this earth. A lot of the people here are just struggling to get by and searching for that peace but can't find it. I'm so honored to be one of the people bringing the good news, the pathway to peace and everlasting happiness. To quote a very wise man: It's such a cool church that we're in. Love you all so much!! Stay Strong!!
Hermana (Mandy) Boully




Hna Nicia

So there is now two boully sister waking up to a rooster un less meg changes her alarm! This last Tuesday I had changes so I spent sunday and monday night packing and saying goodbye to people these days me and my comp hardly slept! In the change meeting I recieved Hna Zelaya she is from Honduras she is lots of fun, a hard working and soo beautiful I know this will be a good change with her! We are opening the area of Progreso in zona Jutiapa. The president had took both the elders out of Progreso and put us here which of course hnas are better then elders! My area is 3 hours and a half outside of the capital Its kinda funny everyone was saying that I would go outside the captial and I did. Its sooo crazy traveling outside the capital. Normaly when missionaries have changes a taxi comes to our houses picks us up and we return with the same taxi but out side the cap we ride a big old bus with our lugage it was crazy walking our bags to the buses because between me and my comp we had six bags and four of them are huge with all our cloths and we only have four hands but luckly our zone leaders and other elders helped us out. The bus trip was 3 hours and another 30min to our area but after that we had to wait for some members to show us where our house was it was kinda funny us sitting on the street with all our lugage in a place we didnt know but thankfuly some members helped us out loading all of our lugage into a tuctuc I was very happy to get to our house and to see all of my bags!! 
Its my first time going into a house where elders its been an adventure one of the elders that left was going back to this house so he left a bunch of stuff like 2 pairs of BIG shoes, socks, garments with his name written on them, Ties, ties with rondald mcdonald on them and a ping pong set and mini golf it was funny seeing all this stuff but we dont know what to do with some of it! Los elders son locos but gotta love them! 
I am loving my area like mandy I love the montains of utah but here they are bigger and also there are 3 volcanos around our area its supper pretty and the people are great but also a little different! The other day we were looking for new people to teach kinda knocking doors we would knock the gate of a persons home and they would say pase or enter before we had even said our names or anything it was kinda funny we would quickly say um we are missionarias we are good people!! People are very accepting! When people talked about outside the capital I was thinking there would be nothing but its very pretty here there are nice house and a bunch of little pacas )pacas are little cloths stores that vendre cloths from the USA) me and my comp would walk by a store and oooo look at the skirt! Its really great here and its not to hot but not to cold which Im very gratiful!
Here we have a Rama that is smaller then a Ward there is about 88 memebers but only 58 came or come to church. The chrurch is small made of almimum but it is very nice. The land that it is on is huge one day they hope the church builds a stake center. It is a small branch but the people are amazing they are all so happy to have HNAs here in progeso not to say the other elders were bad but ya. The members have been helping us a bunch teaching us the members the people the other elders were teaching and the recent converts. Me and my comp are very happy here and are excited to really work! 
To day we went with our district leader his comp and their investigador to see some cool water falls it was lots of fun we ended up making a little camp fire and roasting marshmellows it was lots of fun it was alot like Adams canyon we even did a little rock climbing to get to the different waterfalls! Lots of fun but i think im going to be tired and sore the next day!
Im very happy to be here we hope to have sucess right now we are still getting to know people and the area but I have faith in this area and the members I love you all so much hope you all have a good week!
Hna Boully


Inline image 1





No comments:

Post a Comment