hola!!!
This week has been a good week we have two families that we are working with that are amazing! I think I talked about them last week but part of their family is memebers but not total they lived in jalapa before and this cuple were married by the missionaries some of their kids were baptised but not them! We have a fecha with their daughter in law who is married to their son who is a member. They all came to church again this sunday and we didnt have to go and knock on their door to come to church we found them walking to church 20 min early they are super piles! The cool part is that the Dad he has a sickness that he cant talk very well and cant read but he told us that he had a dream about the first vision before we had givien them a folleto about the resturation and he saw the picture of jose smith when Dios y tu hijo and said that is what he saw it was really cool!
We also have a lady that we are teaching that is super active in her church but wants to learn and loves to learn more its cuz in her church teaches good things but doesnt have everything the whole truth when she hears us she loves to learn more its really cool but we still have to work with her!
I found out that I have changes this tuesday Im kinda sad cuz we have so many amazing people we are working with but I know its part of the mission and I did have two changes in Fraijanes but we will see where I go!
I love you all hope you have a good week!
Hna Boully
Mna Mandy
Hola from Rengo!
I'm not going to lie I miss La Florida a lot and I cried a lot when I had to leave that place and those people but I'm getting the hang of Rengo: a town about an hour outside of Rancagua that is part small town part campo or pure country entonces that means a lot more dirt roads, a lot more farm land, a lot more animals both the good and bad kind, and the houses and people are a lot more humble. Oh just for emphasis I literally wake up to the crow of a rooster every morning if that gives you a mental image. It's great though because I'm a lot more close to the mountains so it feels like Utah but with bigger mountains. Tambien algo that I'm not a big fan of is that a member was telling us that there are a lot of people here who live very humble lives so it's not uncommon for people to eat dogs or rabbits :/ Any hoo the main thing they farm here is fruit so we're surrounded by all these orchards and my first day here I went to buy some fruit but my compa told me I shouldn't waste the money and later I realized why, every single house we enter they give us fruit. People in the caille will give us bags and bags of fruit. We had to start redistributing to other people because our fridge is full to the brim of mainly peaches which are a big thing here. My compa is great, a little quiet but I'm working on that. There used to be four hermanas living in our house but now it's just the two of us so it's a little quiet and a little lonely living just the two of us but we're adjusting. That also means we inherited the sector of the other hermanas so my companion who just finished her training has to direct her sector but then we also have the other sector on top of that which is a white wash, right off the bat I told her that we were going to have a lot of adventures this cambio. But we're also seeing a lot of miracles right off the bat! We met two new investigators in our white wash sector that have tons of ganas to be baptized and are working towards their goals. Every thing feels really big here, our house, the mountains, our sector, the ward. Antes our barrio had about 80 people, here there are about 160 that attend cada domingo. Before it was just four hermana missionaries here there are 4 elderes tambien y uno que se llama Elder Barboza como Captain Barbosa de Pirates of the Carribean. Already yo se que el barrio is really great though because already they've served us a bunch, helping us with our broken washing machine, accompanying us to lessons. And there's this adorable 78 year old recent convert that has such a big heart, my first day here he gave my a little music box that plays bethoven to welcome me to the ward. The biggest gift I received however to welcome me into the ward was the privilege to speak in church yesterday and a lot of people were teasing me that I made a grand entrance, speaking in church on my first sunday here. With all of these changes, and complications, and adventures and craziness I took particular notice of the tender mercies I saw this week and even though they were small they meant a lot to me such as I've been carrying around all of my scriptures and extra folletos and libros de mormon to hand out but when I walk my bag doesn't feel heavy at all, or the fact that this week the tempurature was in the high 90s but there was also wind so it wasn't so bad. Oh yeah I forgot I'm also now in charge of teaching English classes in the chapel every saturday night because I'm the only gringa here and I realized that after puro latina compaƱeras for two cambios I forgot a lot of my English, especially pronunciation it's weird. Any hoo I love you all and appreciate the prayers on my behalf, they're coming right back at ya'll every day. Love you!!!!!!!!
Hermana Mandy Boully
No comments:
Post a Comment