Monday, October 12, 2015

10/5/15

Hna Nicia

Hola!
Its been a little of a crazy week here but I want to start out by saying that I know that Heavenly Father watches out for us missionaries. This last week there was a land slide in a part of our area it has been really sad lots of people lost their lives includding one of our converts and also those did make it lost almost everything. But it has been amazing to see all the help that has been giving and that is still being giving. The morning after this happened the church and the members and put together a house for a big family of members that was living in this part it was amazing to see how fast that was put together the mission president helped out with beds members of other wards brought food and cloths and amazing how many people want to help. Its been a little crazy in our area cuz its not a big area and there in only one road with two lanes to come in and out and there are so many people here to help and serve. I know that heavenly father watching out for us cuz there where days when we where working in this area when it was raining and raining but we where looked out for. I also know that God has a plan for everything he knows why these things happened for expample our convert who only hat 18 years that he was needed on the other side. Also it has been great to help others with our messages and leccions to teach that this live isnt the end that we will see these people again. 
I loved Conference it was a great Feast of great words and it was also fun to see who is the newbees!! I loved what one new Apostal talked about when he was called That we are called for what he needs to do through us, not what we have done and we need to do it his way not ours and only this way we can to serve his children. 
Its amazing when you find people who are truly converted there are some great ejemplos in this ward of faithful members there is one sister that we offered to help her come with us to conference sunday she has a little girl that has 3 months and a other little boy that has 4 years and is a firerball he has sooo much energy we helped her try to keep him quiet though conference which was no easy thing after the first session he was playing in the grass and a ant bit him in the eye after it swolle up big but not even this stopped him but it was really funnying seeing him with his swollen eye. But this sweet mom is amazing she loves the gosepel and is truely commited! Other great example there is a family that was baptised a mom dad and three kids goodness these kids are soo well behaved it was crazy and this sister gave us a ref of her sister and when we went to visit the Hna memeber and her husband were so excited to share thier testimonys and to share how many blessings they recieved in the church it was amazing I felt the spirt so strong that in makes the difference when you truing believe what you have taught you want to share it with others. 
Im so grateful for their example for the words of those Apostles and Profetas for the time I have to serve I hope to make the most of it!!
Hna Boully

sooo this week was the last of the mez to and we really didnt have anything only coins of 5 cens so there we where one night we were cold and hungry so we counted our coins and got hot chocolate!! it was lots of fun!



Hna Mandy

HOla familia como estan?? 
I hope everyone loved the conference talks as much as I did!! I got to listen to conference in Spanish again and even though I miss the voices of the apostles it's cool to be able to understand everything now and feel the spirit so strong even though it isn't my native language. It was cool though because Elder Cristofferson recorded his own talk before in spanish and he speaks really really good! I thought it was a translater no mas because he doesn't have a gringo accent or anything. That talk really hit home for me because sometimes we hear all to often from the people that we are trying to teach that they feel that they are just fine believing in God and being a good person and they feel that if they do that they'll be all set for their judgement day. I know the church is true and I believe that it really is essential for our happiness here on the earth but sometimes it is hard to explain it to the people we meet on the street in simple terms. For that I loved what he said when We are made to progress and we cannot do that on our own and without the help and teachings of the gospel. I feel like he wrote that talk especially for my mission here in Chile because we also hear a lot the "all roads lead to heaven" excuse and there're a lot of people that believe you can be in whatever religion and be ok but I was thinking about it this week, about what sets us apart as the true church of God and I had to think of temples. Really without temples, and the ability to bind what we have on earth in heaven as well we would all be lost and a whole lot more desperate. Really if I ever have any doubts about the church and it's truthfulness there are a lot of things I can turn to like the BoM and prayer to help me but also thinking of the saving ordinances of the temples fills me with more desire to share the gospel with everyone so that they have a chance to do those ordinances before their time comes. I also loveed the talk by elder holland talking about mothers and comparing the love they have for us with the atonement, I'd never thought of that before. It made me really really grateful for moms. It was cool timing because there is a woman we've been visiting who just adopted an adorable 3 year old girl and gets the chance to be her mom. She's so cute! When we met her she immediately reached her arms out for us to take her and I so badly wanted to pick her up and give her a squeeze!! I could talk about all of the talks in detail but lets just say I loved all of them, and I loved that the general theme was: if you follow the Lord's path, keep the commandments, do what your asked, and be where you're supposed to be when you're supposed to be there you'll have peace, love happiness, and comfort in abundance. If not, not so much. I was really impressed by the strength of Pres. Monson too, I don't think I'll ever forget the look of determination in his eyes while he was finishing his talk. I felt the spirit so strong. 
Oh! I also loved the talk about meditizando, meditating and memorizing a scripture every week, I think it's a good alternative if you can't spend hours studying the scriptures every week. This week I'm working on DyC 18: 2-4 because it helped me recieve a stronger testimony of the book of mormon!
In other news we were able to put a baptism date with a little old grandma this week, it was the first time we had taught her but she has a lot of family that are members so she already knows a lot. We shared a scripture in 2 nefi 31 and she automatically said that she wants to get baptized. We just hope that her health will be good because when she's sick she doesn't come to church, but we have faith and hope!! We're working with a couple other cute familias and we keep working hard, looking for more people to teach. The unfortunate thing is that a lot of times we knock on a door and contact people that are already members but inactive :P Lots of work to do! Anyhoo I hope you all are good, and that we all apply what we learned in conference now!
Love!!
Hna. Boully




No comments:

Post a Comment