I know I keep saying this but really the time is going by so fast this week was sooo quick we had so many great things happening here that when sunday came around it was a moment of really?
But It was a great week starting the week I got to do divisions with one sister from canida In her area it is the pure captial we got to eat in the house of the bishop and it was super nice I felt so funny entering these nice houses it so different working with people that have money. Its funny where this area is the sisters talk more engish then spanish it was kinda hard to contact in english for me! But it was fun to be a chang and talk lots of english with this amazing sister.
The next day we got to have interviews with Pres!!!! Scary right. but it was good mosty he was preparing me for my final interview that is the really scary part. But really Pres Caffaro and Hna Caffaro are super amazing with lots of love.
Its so true in the mission things most the time dont go how you planned but things work out in the end. We have been working with this young girl that is the same age has meg!! She is amazing she went to church last week and is already starting her Personal Progress we where amazed cuz it was the second time we are teaching her and she is amazing we found out that she her boyfriend is a member and he just recieved his call this last sunday so we will see where he goes and how it will efect her! But its amazing the mission Its hard when there are those people that you are teaching and they choose they dont want to listen. But we always hope that one day that they will change. We where talking to one family they said the first time they recieved the missionaries they recjected them then also the second and third but they finaly decided to listen but even after that it was a proces but now they are super active members! Dont give up on the people even if they say no we never know it could be the starter to help them!
I love you all so much Hope you have a good week!
Hna Boully
Hna Mandy
Hola familia como estan??
So this week I've been thinking a lot about service and not because we had a lot of planned service activities, actually we didn't have any, but I was thinking about the opportunities that we are given to serve every single day without necessarily putting on the Mormon Helping Hands vest. This week was a roller coaster week like always, with a whole lot of ups and downs and we saw a lot of miracles but it seems that with every miracle we usually recieve a couple of really crappy moments too. At the beginning of the week we had several investigators progressing towards baptism but during the week they all came up with desafios of why they couldn't get baptized and so that was really hard news to hear but we kept going anyways and were able to teach an amazing lesson with a convert we have and his sister accepted a fecha bautismal! My companion helped me to realize that we are in this mission for a reason and sometimes that reason is to help us learn and grow not just the people we're teaching, it seems that I'm supposed to learn a lot of patience and perseverance. But those are good lessons to learn now!
So I've been thinking about service because it kind of hit me this week why they tell you that if you are struggling to love someone you should serve them more because service really does have a lot to do with love! It's something I've heard my whole life but it really sank in this week when my companion's back was hurting her and even though there are a million things I would like to do when we get home at night that there's never time for like write in my diary, straighten up my things, rest for a minute or eat (which always seems to be the most important) but when my companion needs something like a massage to make her back feel better or there's something I can do for her I always prefer to do that over anything else and not for the right to call attention to myself and what a good person I am for doing service, no. I do it because I love her so much that I really want to do all I can for her. This week I also got to help the Hnas. in my house that were going through a rough time and de verdad listening to them, helping them in the ways I can helped me to forget my little problems and go to work just like Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley said. Shouldn't service always be like that? where we do what we can for others because we honestly want what's best for them?? Just a thought.
Another crazy thought I had: they say the sunsets in Chile are the prettiest in the world and I can definitely attest to that and this week I realized that almost every time we were having a down moment when we stopped and looked up there's always a gorgeous sunset waiting for us. Then me and my big brain realized that the prettiest sunsets are always the ones with a bunch of clouds in the sky a.k.a. the sunsets that come right after a storm is clearing up. For me it's like a little reminder from Heavenly Father that he's looking out for me. Anyhoo, I hope everyone's great! That we can look for the miracles and the pretty sunsets even amidst the gloomy storm clouds and that we all serve one another!! I love you all have a good week!!
Hna. Boully



No comments:
Post a Comment