Its another pretty Pday!! How fast goes the week when your having fun in the mission!!
Soo the High Light of this week was that we got to see the baptism of one Hno Douglas. So when we came into this area we got to know Hno and his family the first day we found out after that when the other sisters left this family was feeling that maybe they didnt want to recive more Hnas cuz they didnt like saying good bye. But thank fulling they like us and let us into their house.
This family has been a work in progress but in a good way the first missionaries they recieved where elders and they where marrige with these elders in 2 years ago then the Hna Alejandra was baptised and just now Hno Douglas. I know that this was from the work of lots of missionaries not just us. They are a family amazing they both have strong testiomonies and they both have changed so much for the better. The baptism went great the Hno was super nervus cuz he had planned that the bishop was going to baptise him but after he was worried cuz the bishop is kinda short and the hno is super tall but thankfuling everything went great we got to hear the testimony of the Hna Alejandra and it was so amazing we felt the spirit so strong.
Some funny High lights of this week we where teaching this one invest she has 3 dogs and 2 boys in this littly house noramaly when we enter the dogs are super yappy but after a minute they are a little more tranquilo so we started the lession with a hym but in this time one of these dogs decided that he liked me lots he wanted to jump all over me and give me kisses right in the middle of Im a Child of God but we where able to endur with the hna and her belt with the dog in hands and we where able to have a great lesson!
Yesterday we also got to vist this one member and found that she had a pet parriot green and very pretty it was fun wistling to him and having him answer made me think of the birds we used to have but the funny part was this bird like to laugh at me just me my comp he loved my when i tried to pet him he tryed to peck me and then started laughing!
It has been a good week we hope to work harder to help more come to chirst Im so grateful to be here in this area to get to know so many great people and to have some great experinces!!
I love you all so much!
Hna Boully
Fotos!!! Hno and his family!! Dont let the serious look foul you he is a joker!
Hna Mandy
Hola fam. y friends!
So as some of you may have heard Chile felt a little earthquake this week. Well here in Chile earthquakes are so common that they have two different names to describe earthquakes so that every one knows just what kind of earthquake we're talking about here. Temblor: is a little earthquake that one feels like a vibration no mas but passes in like ten seconds. Terramoto: The kinds of earthquakes that make the ground underneath you pitch and jump and topples buildings and causes tsunamis and all that fun stuff. This week we had the latter, a Terramoto. The good thing is that the strength and damage of terramotos depends on how close you are to the center of the thing and luckily we were far enough away that we're all ok. Actually my companion and I were in a lesson and when we got out the weather was all weird, it was dry, started raining for like two seconds and then stopped, and we had to hurry to the church to teach piano lessons and so we took a colectivo. While we were driving all of a sudden we felt kind of dizzy and we just thought that the driver was driving really crazy no mas, then we saw the light cables start sparking and all the stop lights turned off and the guy driving said lightning had struck but I was like no I don't think so, and I saw the trees waving back and forth but I thought it was just the wind, (all the while I'm trying to contact and share a bit of the gospel with the guy driving so I was not paying the most attention) and then al final the car started going up and down and I remember thinking "I don't remember there being speed bumps there" We made it to the church and everyone freaked out asking us if we had felt the terramoto and we even ran into our Pres. de Mission and he was pretty calm but definitely had a busy look about him and was out of there pretty quick to go start the phone chain to make sure all of us missioneros were fine. I am definitely counting my blessings here that we were not closer to where the terramoto hit, the people up north had their houses fall and were hit with a tsunami, the only inconvenience we're suffering is we feel temblores several times a day and night. Today while we were eating the table started moving a bunch and we watched thick wood beams start to tremble and almost dived under the table but then it faded.
On a lighter note we celebrated the independence day here in Chile, Chilean style with a lot of food, mostly meat. I was trying to remember how it is in the states and I realized that during our BBQs we usually play games our hang out in the yard while the meat cooks. Here they don't have a lot of yard space so to pass the time they eat. They make empanadas big enough to fill me up as an appetizer, then they through sishkabobs on the grill first and we eat those next, then we eat chutipan (a hot dog with sausage instead of hotdog) and then and only then after I've eaten enough to fill me up for a week, does the meal start. There was also a lot of cueca dancing and we dressed up as Huasos again with the cool dresses.
The best news of all is that we had cambios this saturday again and for the first time in over a year I get to have a companion for more than one change!! The both of us are going to stay here in Buin and work super hard!!! I'M SOO EXCITED!!! AAAAAHHH Hna. Giurleo's awesome and I'm so happy to work with her still.
That's about it! Love yall!!
Hna. boully

No comments:
Post a Comment