Tuesday, August 18, 2015

8/10/15

Hna Nicia

Suprises!‏


There are suprises that are good and some that arent so great but you always love the good suprises! This last Monday we were washing our cloths cleaning our house a little cuz somtimes in the week you just dont have time and we recieved a call guess what we get to go to the temple tuesday of course we where super excited and we aslo found out that the hnas in a area near us was going to come stay the night so that we could go to the temple early its always fun with other hnas like a big sleep over and also we split up and teach double personas in our área! So we did two NH family home evenlings one with a family we have been working with and another with a family of RC who one of there family members isnt a member when we all left our house and went to buy treats for the activitys we got the suprise of rain but we decided to run for it! We had to great NHs but this family that we have been working with us told us that they didnt want to be baptised cuz they where going to another church we where both pretty sad but we still have faith that one day they will change there minds!
The trip to the temple was amazing we got to see the really really old video which was kinda funny we thought we would see the new ones but saw the oldest! It was great going to the temple again Its amazing feeling of peace being in the house of the lord!
Here in right now is the time of corn!! We have been watching the corn stocks grow waiting to eat corn and we got to eat what they call here elote loco like crazy corn its where they put mayo, mustard, chile cheese on the corn and eat it its super good and my cute comp was so happy she loves them we found a lady selling them and my comp bought two it was funny to see her with a corn in both hands then we bought 7up so her hands where full but she managed it and after our tummys where full and happy! And later other members gave us more crazy corn and tamales but these tamales are different not of meat but they are sweet but very good! 
This week we where working to have all our recent conversos in church most of our RC come but we always falta two so we where looking for this hna that live at the top of our area but we could never find her in her house when saturday came we where visting in a different part of a area but right when we where about to leave it started to rain buckets we waited for about a half an hour to leave but it started getting late and we still had to find this hna so we left under the rain and it started raining harder and harder it was kinda funny seeing us walking in the rain soaked water droping in our eyes. This week all of our area didnt have water cuz a big pipe burst so we thought this was God saying yep here is your water cuz it rained for a good hour and half and hard but we left to look and we didnt find the hna but found her sister and a cousin and where able to teach them when we where both soaked! But its always fun its part of the mission!!!! Cuz when we get wet in the rain there are blessings but we plan to buy unbrellas today cuz we lent out our unbrellas and we havent gotten  them back!
There are suprises in the work we somtimes when we are feeling down we find the suprises or milagros this yesterday we where looking for leccions cuz almost all the citas we had where not there but we where able to find this mom and her kids and had a good leccion with them we hope to keep seeing the suprises in the area and we are working hard to recive the blessings cuz we cant do it alone and its ok if we need to get wet in the rain for others to get wet geting baptised its worth it in the end!!
Love you all
Hna Boully 

Hna Mandy

Gotta love Cambios


Hola Fam Damily,
So seeing as I'm training this change, and training lasts for two changes, and normally people only have one trainer, I was pretty sure I was going to be staying here in La Florida with Hna. Flores at least one more change. In fact I was so sure of it, I forgot completely about changes up until this last week and went home saturday night and for the first time ever was completely calm, completely tranquila and already imagining my first change in which NOBODY changes right? WRONG!!!! 
I remember in an interview with Pres. Warne I told him that I've only ever had companions for one change and he said "Well we're just spreading you all over the mission aren't we?" Well it seems that the pattern continues, and even though I had hope that Hna. Flores was going to be the first companion I was going to have for more than one change, I'm sad to say that after 7 and a half months in total I'm leaving La Florida and going to the other extreme of the mission. Talca is the part most south and Buin, where I'm going is the parte most north of the mission. The interesting part is that I'm going to be with Hna. Giurleo, an Hna. from Argentina that actually arrived with Hna. Flores and was her companion in the CCM! I'm going to be finishing her training. I wish I could be finishing the training of Hna. Flores but I guess the Lord has other plans for me. I had a selfish moment where I started thinking, Why can't I have a companion for more than one change? Why do I always have to change companions? But then I started thinking that even though it is easier to have the same companion after you've figured out eachothers quirks and learned to have unity, I really do love getting to know other Hnas. and other parts of the mission, so I shouldn't complain it's just that saying goodbye is my least favorite part of the mission and I've had to say goodbye an awful lot. I know my companion is going to do great here and for some reason the Lord needs me up there in Buin with Hna. Giurleo so I'm going to be spending this week looking for the good, and finding my purpose, the purpose for this change that is. I know that the changes are inspired by Heavenly Father and sometimes it seems really fome to have to say good bye and have to start from scratch with someone new but I have a huge testimony of the fact that because of these changes I've grown spiritually, emotionally and in so many other ways that I can't even count. So I guess in the next few weeks we'll see what the Lord has in store for me! 
Anyhoo to report on this week, we ate a whole lot of yummy food this week because we had cualquier noche de hoger with families in the ward. On monday we made cupcakes with manjar which is Condensed Milk that has been boiled til it turns into a kind of carmel type thing that can only be described as Mana from Heaven in your mouth. Then last night we ate sopaipillas pasados which are like scones cooked in molasses, then we made calzones rotos which translates literally to Ripped Underwear but it also like a scone but twisted with powdered sugar, then in the same NdH we made No Bake Cookies with them and kettle corn and on top of all of that we had our reunion de nuevos with our Pres. his wife and all the newbies and Hna. Warne was showing us her love through food like everyone does here and gave us waffles for breakfast, enchiladas for lunch, and a huge brownie for each of us that had whole Reeses Peanut Butter Cups baked into it!!! I almost cried I was so happy because I haven't seen Reeses in over a year! Long story short it's no wonder everyone gains weight here.
Speaking of food I got to try something different this week, oysters and clams for lunch. It was surprisingly good.
So we're constantly looking for ways so have fun along with the work in the mission and the theme of this week has been scaring one another. ONe day I hid behind the door in the room of the Hnas., another day they hid in our bunk beds and scared my companion when she turned on the light and came in the room, one day I hid in the shower and scared them, and in our apartment there's this teeny tiny little cubby in the wall that goes from floor to cieling but is super skinny and it's supposed to be for brooms and whatnot but I've hid there like three times to scare people walking past. Oh and all of this is done while recording on our cameras so it'll be fun to show you guys in six months. 
This week we've also had a lot of storms, first rainstorms and then windstorms. My companion doesn't have an umbrella so we've been sharing mine until she can buy one but this week there was a torrential down pour one day and no one was opening the door for us so we had to run to the Fam. Dominguez to dry off and heat up a little bit and give my poor compi a rest because she hurt her ankle the other week. It's a good thing that we have people like the Fam. Dominguez who love us and are always looking out for us. The next day we were more prepared with umbrellas for the both of us, rainboots and hymns that we sang in the street to help lift our spirits in spite of the crappy weather. It was cool though because now whenever it rains the Fam. Dominguez calls us to see if we need to come to their house to wait it out a bit. During the night these past few days there has been huge windstorms with wind strong enough to topple a few trees in the area and our room being the corner of the building we hear it from both sides and it's super loud and that combined with a couple of earthquakes we've had have meant that we have not slept much this week. But we keep pushing on! No matter what the weather throws at us Misioneras are stronger!! 
Saturday we got to have a Noche de Hogar with the Fam. Dominguez and we talked about The Family a Proclamation to the World. It's cool to see that the Proclamation was published in 1995 but there is a lot of stuff that it talks about in the Proclamation that are happening today. We've seen that the Family really is being attacked on all sides because Satan knows that that family is fundamental al plan de Dios and he knows that if he destroys the famliy it will be a whole lot easier to destroy the rest of the plan de Dios. So we're trying to help the Fam. Dominguez and all of the other families that we teach to strengthen themselves now so that they will be able to survive when the trials come. It has been amazing to see the progress of the Fam. Dominguez while I've been here. When I got here some of them were practically inactive but now for the last three weeks every member of the Fam. have been in church and I can see the difference in their home and in their faces now compared to when I got here. I really do know that I came back here to help them and now that they are all attending regularly it makes sense that I'm leaving. It's like Heavenly Father saying Yep your work is good here I need you somewhere else now. It doesn't make it any less painful to say goodbye though. I wish you all could just meet this family that has become part of me and who I am. I've already cried a lot on Sunday just sitting with them and knowing that it would be the last time in a really long time. I'm going to cry more when I go say goodbye to them tonight but at least I have the comfort of knowing that they are strong in the church, they'll be allright and my number one goal is to return to Chile if nothing else just to see them again. I knew the mission would be incredible but I had no idea I would come to love the people here so much that it actually physically hurts just thinking of saying goodbye to them. One day you all will have to meet them.
Today real quick I want to share my testimony that the Lord really does protect his missionaries while we're here. We were playing futbol (soccer) in a gym and an elder kicked the ball up into the ceiling and it hit a huge hanging light that was up there and it started to swing and then it fell and I had no idea but I was standing right under it and I didn't know it was falling or anything but everyone watching says they saw it fall and I was right under it and a second later I wasn't. I just took a small step to the left just at the right time and then I heard the crash and realized what had happened!! I can just imagine like three angels and the holy ghost giving me a nudge to the left so that nothing happened to me. It was funny because everyone was freaking out and all the elders were worried that I'd been hurt and couldn't believe how close it had been. I was busy having my life flash before my eyes which was crazy!! Anyhoo there's my memory for today :P
Love you all so much, the mission and life is just full of changes, some good some a little bit more difficult to deal with but all of them are for our benefit!
Con mucho cariño!
Hna. Boully



No comments:

Post a Comment