Hola From Guatemala!
Another week in the mission and Im still having
firsts like this last week was my frist time getting sick from the food
or water and also we had a conference from Elder Duncan and our mission
president I liked the second one better! It was a great reminder and
learning experince how to work better in our areas and how to place and
keep fechas for baptims. Pres Caffaro is so great he was a football
coach for Snow College and you can tell the way he talks and gives his
pep talks. He is also about really doing not trying to do. You can feel
the power from both of these men that they are here to help us and they
care about the work to and also that they are set apart and do know all
that we should do!
This last week we havent had many investigators who are progressing
so we have been working alot with the recient converts. We have been
helping about 4 get ready to go to the temple on Tuesday and do baptisms
for the dead. Goodness satin is always working or it may just have been
the internet but we have been trying to help the recient converts get
their familys numbers put in so they could do their work. There has been
two times we have gotten together to put them in the computer but both
times the internet was not working. Yesterday the bishop brought his
internet from home but even that was super slow it took us two hours to
get two peoples names done but we did and specialy this one convert was
super happy to be able to baptise his dad this next tuesday! we might be
going with them depending on our zone leaders if we have good numbers
they will let us go so we are trying to work hard this next week.
Its kinda been a hard week we are excited to start another and have
better sucess but we had one lesson that was so amazing that you could
feel the spirt so strong. So We had this one investgetdor that we were
working with and even came to church he has been praying but hasnt
recived a answer yet. The last lesson we taught him his friends came
over also to see the "greengas" and it was so frustrateing trying to
teach him and his friends were just talking and being stupid after that
we didnt go back to teach because of them. This last week we saw this
investigators wife at the store and there was a day that we felt we
needed to visit him. We showed him a video about Jesus christ and shared
a scripture and shared our testimonies about why we were there to help
him not to have fun and to make friends becuase we know that the Gospel
will help and bless him. the spirt was so strong it was really amazing.
The mission is all about pushing you outside of your comfort zone
streching you and makeing you better. This last saturday at 10.20 we get
a call that we are speaking in church yep ten minutes before we go to
bed but i was grateful it wasnt the morning of that we had some time to
prepare and I survived and i think people understood most of what said
but ya makes me want to be better with spanish. I cant wait til I can
speak better and understand everything but it will come Im learning alot
from the BOM about how the missionaries then through diligences and
faith they waxed strong. Im trying to be dilegent with studing and
learning spanish specialy becuase Im probably going to be training and
getting a comp that dosent know english! Im excited for that and nervous
but I know I need to be streched to be better! I know this Church is
true Im so grateful to be serving. Its so amazing reading the scriptures
I love readying and it feels like a extra treat reading in english and
understanding all. I love you all and hope you are having a good day
stay save and try to read the scriptures everyday!! it helps!
LOVE,
Hna Nicia Boully!
![]() |
| This last week I felt like a ofical Hna missionary becuase i got my missionary bag that everyone has its really dorky but its alot nicer to carie my stuff in! |
![]() |
| Me and My Comps! |
Hermana Mandy,
Hola!!
Now don´t be alarmed by my subject line, I get one more
email here but after that I´m gone!! It´s funny whenever I pass this
huge map of the world in my building it always strikes me just how far
away from Utah Rancagua Chile is! It´ll be fun though. We got to go to
the temple today!!!! Sadly the Mexico Cuidad Temple is closed for
construction so we couldn´t actually go inside but we got to go on a
tour with the Latina Missionaries to the Visitor´s Center and to this
little bookstore where they had all these cool hand made scripture cases
and stuff. The Visitor´s center was super pretty too, they have a
Cristus room just like in SLC temple square but it´s a lot smaller. The
craziest thing about it though was driving through the city! In our
little compound it´s not like you forget you´re in a different country
and tons of crazy things are going on outside the walls but you aren´t
directly exposed to it either. Mexico cities motto should be A Lot
Inside of a Little, a lot of people, buildings, shops, and cars cram
packed inside of a very small space. It was the definition of culture
shock. We saw where the old MTC used to be and it was literally right on
the temple grounds but it was also tiny so we´re glad we´re where we´re
at so that there´s enough room for all of us and all the recreational
activities we do. Funny story this used to be a LDS highschool and the
only way to graduate was by submitting your papers! So I´m learning here
that if you feel like you´re starting to get a handle on something
that´s when the Lord will add something else to your plate so that
you´re constantly on your toes and never become complacent. Our teachers
have us teach throughout our stay here but we don´t learn how to teach
in one day so so often we´ll learn something and be like "man I really
could have been using this sooner!" and I teachers will just laugh,
agree, and then tell us to start applying it now. I was told to tone
down the debater in me but I don´t have to, Spanish is forcing me to
teach simpler. Speaking of which for sacrament meeting we all right
talks and then the Branch Leaders randomly pick some people in the
middle of the meeting to give their talks and since it´s fast sunday
next week I managed to avoid giving a talk and some of the elders were
congratulating me on my luck but truthfully I actually like talking! And
I actually wanted to give my talks! Oh well at least I got to say the
prayer last week.
We had the power go out in the CCM this week which was fine because
we all had our little flashlights and were just getting ready for bed
but for some reason the elders took this as permission to run outside
and up and down the streets in their pajamas. You know how people say
that guys grow up and mature a little bit on their missions? Sometimes I
wish that process would speed up a little bit. So while my companion
was standing on the counter of our bathroom looking at the elders I was
standing in the bedroom and some girls in the casa decided to take
advantage of that. I was a sitting duck (without my glasses on or
hearing aids in) looking off to the side with my flashlight when an
Hermana snuck around the open door until she was about a foot away from
me in the dark. I turned my flashlight and it was like a scene from a
movie where the light landed on her face, she jumped at me, I screamed,
my roommate screamed, my companion nearly fell off the counter because
of said screaming... Ah good times.
I remember when Uncle Jared came back from his mission to Mexico
and I thought he was weird because he started putting like a half a jar
of jalepeños on everything he ate. Guess what I LOVE jalepeños!!!! I
never really liked or ate them before because they were too hot but the
spicy salad dressing and sauce and pico that they put on everything down
here must have built up my tolerance because I literally just ate a
small plate of jalepeños as a snack to compliment lunch. Oh another
strange thing, I actually lept for joy because we could mop our room (we
couldn´t last week). I am celebrating over the opportunity to clean!!
Strange things happen while on a mission.
We had these super cute Latinas in our casa that were trying to
learn English and would sing hymns with us at night but they´re only
here for two weeks so they left this week and it was so sad!! I´ve only
known these girls for a couple of days and can´t even really communicate
with them but I was crying over they´re leaving!
Remember how I said boys grow up on their missions but not fast
enough? The other night an all out war was waged over a comfortable
swivel chair in the classroom with another district. Apparently both
chairs look exactly the same but the other district´s broke so they
switched it with ours. Our elders responded by running into their room,
grabbing the chair and the missionary sitting in it, pulled into our
room and then took the chair by it´s legs, flipped it over and began to
shake the other Elder out of it while simultaneously tickling him in
order to get him to release his arm which he had hooked through the arms
of said chair. In the words of the poor elder: "All this over a chair!"
Do me a favor, if you can sometime in the near future or next year
and five months, go visit SLC temple or even just temple square. We
watched an amazing movie about the building of the SLC temple and it
made me really want to go visit it. There was this cool part about how
Utah means Top of the Mountain and in Isaiah 2 there´s a chapter about
how the house of the Lord will be built in the Top of the Mountain.
I´m continuing to work really hard both spiritually and physically.
For some reason my companion and I decided to torture ourselves this
week by doing an exercise called Crossfit. Basically it´s a great many
burpees in a very small alottment of time and the only way I can do it
justice in description is by saying we did it on Saturday and my body
still hurts.
Well that´s about it for this week. By this time next week I´ll
either be leaving or getting ready to leave and I´ll make sure and
include my new address for letters in my next e-mail!
I love
you all and I´m so grateful for this opportunity and I´m learning so
much every day! The gospel is true no matter what country or language!
Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana (Mandy) Boully







No comments:
Post a Comment