HOLA!!!!
So I am starting my thrid week in the field I
still have moments I cant believe I am on a mission! Its been lots of
fun this last week my conpanion and I went to parts of our area I havent
been to yet. Ever day we have to get so many contacts and teach so many
lessons with memebers and with recient converts. We had a day we tried
to double our number of contacts. I am slowly getting used to going up
to people on the street and talking to them! There was a day we got a
bunch at once cuz we were talking to a kid who was a member and all his
friends came up cuz they wanted to know where i was from and learn
english it was really funny there was about 10 of them asking me
questions and listening to my bad spanish it was so funny!
I am learning to have faith in the lord cuz sometimes its hard when
your teaching and you can see that they are not taking in what your
saying! Then there are people who your not sure if they want to change
or if they are acepting what your saying but they do! There is a family
the kids are baptised but them mom isnt and she isnt married my
conpaionon has been working with her for a long time. The couple of
times we meet with her she had talked about not wanting to change but
this last week we visited again and she started opening up to us and she
is actually wanting change now for her kids she talked about wanting to
get married and she had stoped smoking. You could also se a difference
in her it was really cool!! I hope she gets baptized! speaking of which
we have two baptisims coming up on the 19 its a dad and a son!
Its interesting the different people we meet! Last week we took a
bunch of kids to church and they seemed to like it so we talked to their
family this week and it turned out that the family is Jewish. We talked
to their grandma and they dont believe in the New Testiment or believe
in Jesus Christ they just believe he was a good man. It was really crazy
Its my first time hearing somthing like that.
Im getting used to walking a bunch I was pretty used to walking
before my mission but here they roads arent always the best most of them
are dirt and rocks also its its all step hills. There was a day were my
conpainon was stressed cuz we didnt have a member to teach with us so
she was hurrying to meet with a member it was crazy i havent seen her
walk so fast it was hard to keep up and not fall! It was kinda funny she
didnt notice how fast she was going!
I do love it here they people are so happy and funny also i am
liking the food most every meal we have corn totillas they are really
good! I also like putting jam on them for breakfast my conpanion thought
i was crazy! Also I wash my cloths by hand i was so excited to learn
its not to bad but it does take more time! Im not sure if i will ever
get used to cold water showers but they arent to bad just like 123 jump
in!
Somthing cool down here there is a place called the Packa where all
the cloth stores in the US send the cloths that dont sell it is really
cool Mom and Jan would love it. There is a bunch of great stuff for
really cheep like I got a skirt for 6 Qs which is less then a dollar!
Thats what we did last week shopping i gotta be careful not to buy to
much stuff! My compaion is so funny she has gotten so many cute cloths
there last week she was mad that she only found 2 skirts there last
week!
I am learning lots here and i still have tons to learn spanish is
coming slowly its the hard part is trying to learn to roll my rrrrss
goodness but my conpainon loves to tease me about it!
I love you all and i hope everything is going good!
Hermana Boully!
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment