Hola familia y amigos!
So this week was absolutely incredible!! So unlike Nicia, here in my mission we only get to go to the temple once and it's at the end of our missions so this week I got to go to the temple! We planned the whole temple trip a bit early so that Hna. Warne could come before she goes to the states for a couple weeks for her daughters wedding but then the poor thing she got sick and was not able to come anyways! But the good thing is that the warnes live in Utah so we'll be able to go and see them and go to the temple with them after the mission too. It was such an amazing experience! Monday night we had a class about autosuficiencia and then all of us hermanas stayed the night and had a little slumber party in the mission house and then tuesday bright and early we left for santiago and the temple. The santiago temple is a cute small little temple but so pretty and the session was so amazing. As I was sitting there in the temple waiting the session the thought occurred to me that here in the mission I feel the spirit so strongly already just being out in the street, how am I going to feel inside of the temple. It was overwhelming! Best experience I've had in the temple so far and such a testimony building experience, it was really amazing. I even got to see an Hna. from an old sector who said she just felt like she should go to the temple that day! Just goes to show that we need to follow those kinds of promptings.
After the temple trip we ate lunch and then Pres. told us that we were free to do what we like in Santiago, just needed to be back in our sectors before dark. Wow he has a lot of confidence in us! To turn us loose in a big city like that! But we decided to all stay together (the hnas, the elders ran off who knows where) and so we went shopping! We jumped on the metro(subway) which was ridiculous because when we got on we just barely squeezed in with enough room for the doors to shut and were so jam packed that I'm pretty sure about ten people were touching me at once and then at every stop more and more people would get on! It truely was impressive to see just how many people were able to fit into that train, but what was really impressive is that we were able to squeeze our way past all those people and get out! We found a huge street market that sells a little bit of everything and went a little crazy looking for treasures! It was funny though because we were speaking more english than spanish because A. I was paired up with Hna. vorwaller again, my companion from the CCM!!! it was so cool to be with her again after so much time and changes. And B. we found a whole lot of gringo tourists that were also shopping there and wanted to talk to us and ask us why we were here etc. It was a good missionary opportunity! I found a lot of cool stuff, I hope you guys like the little things I found for you all! And then we headed back through the stinky crowded subway and caught a bus back to Rancagua, we arrived just in time for lights out. Then Wednesday I went and did divisions in Machali, with Hna. Williams a good friend of mine so that's another day that I spent outside of my sector, and thursday I recieved a huge surprise!! I was coming back to my sector from divisions and I heard someone yelling my name in the street and I thought, maybe it's an hna from the ward or something and I turned around and saw Hno and Hna Dominguez!!!!! They had driven all the way up from Talca to see me before I leave. I just cried and cried when I saw them I couldn't believe it, they're so great :) We were able to catch up a little with them before they had to go but it was such a blessing to be able to see them one last time as a misionary before I go.
We are seeing so many miracles I lose track of them all! Despite all of the time I spent out of my sector this week we have been finding and teaching I lot of amazing people! We recieved a reference from the elders and when we got there we realized the adress is a bit special, here in rancagua there are doors that we knock on that are really just doors to an alley way that open up to little complexs with doors lining the sides, a main bathroom and main living area/yard. It these types of places live a lot of families that rent a room to sleep in and all share the same washers, bathrooms etc. It's kind of crazy and hard to explain exactly. But the point is that everytime we go to this house someone else has answered the door and we have contacted everyone who has opened the door and already had spiritual experiences with some of them. WE still hadn't gotten into the house until yesterday where we found out that at least 26 families live there and we have met, contacted, and taken out appointments with 9 of them, already! We are going to turn that place into mini Utah!(in the words of my companion).
It's a bit interesting to walk into poor situations like that, and see people living in the conditions that they're living in, it makes you kind of sad at first, but then I feel happy because I know that I have what will make them feel better and happier and have more joy in their lives and that's our purpose of being there. It's easy to be a light when there's a lot of darkness around.
We also met and taught a cute peruvian girl who is here working really but came here to hear about the gospel!
It's always fun when the second counselor of the bishobric calls you at 10:40 at night to tell you you will be speaking the next day but it was fun to speak in church now that I can somewhat manage the language and I got to speak about referralls from the members so I hope it pans out and we're going to recieve even more help from our members! Wow this week I've had the opportunity to think a lot about the course of my mission and realize that the time has flown by but every single day has been full of life changing, once in a lifetime experiences that have shaped and changed me in so many ways I run out of fingers and toes counting them. I am so grateful to be in the mission, and to keep working in the mission that is left for me here and afterwards. HAY QUE SEGUIR NO MÁS!!!!
I love you all I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Les Quiero!!
Hna. Boully
No comments:
Post a Comment